expansion joints...

RowdyRebel

Funny you mention things of this nature Rowdy,.....cause I happen to think of bridges when I cross them now days. You hear more states having problems of bridges corrosion and neglect. No one is inspecting them often enough. Even these railroad underpasses are not painted, and you see rust has taken over. Makes you wonder what is going on with our tax dollars. Well we know.

mike

Thought obamamama fixed all of them with his shovel ready stimulus ?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't see that design on our bridges around here anymore. They'd rather fill it with asphalt and have speed bumps? Stupid freak'n idoits. They rebuilt 10 miles of highway here, full deal with 3 lanes and everything new. The bridges are rediculous to cross over. The approaches are at weird angles to match up with a bridge deck that goes in the opposite direction. Throws you out of the seat on each end of the bridge. 5 yrs later they are getting around to grinding and adjusting the piss poor job they did originally. I figure they company that did the work has the most unique laser levels made. They all CURVE...............

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Don't see that design on our bridges around here anymore. They'd rather fill it with asphalt and have speed bumps? Stupid freak'n idoits. They rebuilt 10 miles of highway here, full deal with 3 lanes and everything new. The bridges are rediculous to cross over. The approaches are at weird angles to match up with a bridge deck that goes in the opposite direction. Throws you out of the seat on each end of the bridge. 5 yrs later they are getting around to grinding and adjusting the piss poor job they did originally. I figure they company that did the work has the most unique laser levels made. They all CURVE...............

And try going over them bobtailing with spring rear suspension....ride'm cowboy!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

And try going over them bobtailing with spring rear suspension....ride'm cowboy!

When they built the new four lane us35 here in wv and every bridge approach on both ends was at least 4" higher than the bridge surface. My old IH fleetstar daycab single axle would actually catch air on a few bridges and bounce like a basketball. Thank god the fixed them now

They musta used the same lasers they used here in Ohio? Or just really bad string?

The people that put the bridges in and the people that put the road surface down remind me of this photo:
a.aaa-Misalignment-of-the-rails.jpg

They stand and wonder how they got them so far outta whack...............

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

They musta used the same lasers they used here in Ohio? Or just really bad string?

The people that put the bridges in and the people that put the road surface down remind me of this photo:

a.aaa-Misalignment-of-the-rails.jpg

They stand and wonder how they got them so far outta whack...............

Seems we did things a lot better when we used a Slide Rule, a Pencil and our Brains. I generally have to teach a new hire how to read a ruler. They can whip up Mars on their i pad but can't measure 12 inches with a tape measure!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Back in the mid 80s the Mianus river bridge RT95 in Greenwich Conn. fell over 100 feet along with cars tractor trailers people complained about noises weeks before .I was working for a company that two trucks got caught grossing out at 224000 112 ton tickets were 8000.00 each needless to say the Conn state police put one our trailers out of service every day at the toll house for months. They called me a whore and told me that they will get the company .WE did make the front page of the Bridgeport Post They sold the two A-cars to Marino crane and move out of the state . We were getting harass by state of CONNECTICUT .At first they thought the two trucks had some thing to do with the collapse of the bridge.

• Like 1

Ed

Back in the mid 80s the Mianus river bridge RT95 in Greenwich Conn. fell over 100 feet along with cars tractor trailers people complained about noises weeks before .I was working for a company that two trucks got caught grossing out at 224000 112 ton tickets were 8000.00 each needless to say the Conn state police put one our trailers out of service every day at the toll house for months. They called me a whore and told me that they will get the company .WE did make the front page of the Bridgeport Post They sold the two A-cars to Marino crane and move out of the state . We were getting harass by state of CONNECTICUT .

I remember that well- I went to Boston that night, but I went up 81 and 84. Two Harris Trucking trucks out of Lynchburg were running together and one made it across just before it fell, the other one had to stop, that's how close they were to it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Going back several years back Island Transport was hit by a car in Bridgeport and it burned the bridge. Completely melted it. The state of New York came to the rescue wit a temporary bridge to construct on 95. Took a couple weeks to reopen it up. there is pictures on Hanks of the truck. Was a mack CH all that was left of the tanker was the front part still hooked to the tractor.

• Like 1

Ed

I cannot recall what bridge it was that fell, but remember watching a program on TV, that the only person survived was a young man. Him and his wife had been discussing the (what if this bridge fell) at that moment it fell. She and many others drowned and he was the only survivor. Does anyone recall this? It may have been the one your talking about, but I thought it was back in the mid to late 70's.

mike