B's at the show today!

That black&green B as clean as it looks in the picture? sharp truck for sure! thanks for posting!......................................Mark

The cab is,the chassis paint was more of a quicky but not too bad.The owner and I believe his nephew did the truck.He wanted a nice "driver" restoration,i think the cab came out better than they expected!Paint was VERY nice... :twothumbsup:

1965 B81SX,673 with a quadbox and I think 65K rears.Had 11X24 rubber,driver is 95 years old!Started life as a mixer,had real clean triple frame.B61T was a 1961 model from N.C,673 with a 9spd. overgear.Super nice body/paint!Didn't get to drive my truck there as I need some front rubber...

There was a nice, bright yellow B-61 at the gate that looked like the offspring of these two....

air cleaner on the green one works like a B42 one or one for a B61 with a natural engine. has a screen behind the barrel and sucks air in thru there and in thru the filter, over the oil and thru the top to the engine. has a flipper in it for summer and winter so it will suck under hood air in inclimate weather. more restrictive than the bonnet type or the Diesel type that was bigger around tho

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

air cleaner on the green one works like a B42 one or one for a B61 with a natural engine. has a screen behind the barrel and sucks air in thru there and in thru the dilter, over the oil and thru the top to the engine. has a flipper in it for summer and winter so it will suck under hood air in inclimate weather. more restrictive than the bonnet type or the Diesel type that was bigger around tho

Thanks for the info. I don't think I've ever seen (or at least noticed) one like that.

Jim

the bonnet air cleaner was standard on turbo 673 and 711 engines but I have seen a few 711's with an air cleaner similar to that one on the green truck but bigger around. Carolina freight had them. the one on that truck in the pic cam one natural 673's and B42's and the like. you could special order the one with the bonnet on top tho for any b model. I have seen some B42 gassers with the bonnet air cleaner.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg