What a crappy morning suprize!

PeterMack

This is picture of my friends 2013 T800 wide hood Kenworth. He just got it earlier this year and it has all the bells

and whistles. 600 Cummins, 18speed Eaton with Aux trans, 4 axle, all durabrights, diamond plate full fenders, and

black painted to match cabinet with stainless doors, full lockers and the list goes on. He was moving some machinery

in Marion IL (way south) and parked at a hotel for the night only to walk out to the truck the next morning to find that

someone had stolen his doors. Stole the damn doors! Took his bluetooth and big wad of keys he had for machines

and a couple other things. He had to have the truck hauled back to the shop. The doors had power locks, windows,

moto mirror controls and keyless entry. They called Kenworth for replacements and got an even better suprize.

$13,500 to replace them. So if anybody comes across some like new, black Kenworth doors in the S. ILLINOIS area,

they're stolen!

post-13943-0-51579600-1380245720_thumb.j

Are you shitting me!!!! Thats just what I want to wake up to in the morning to find. you got to have some big balls of steel to go about this. I'd never of even thought about snagging the doors

That's what I thought. It was still dark when my friend was walking to the truck and he was wondering why he could see the green light on the dash,

and it was because the damn doors were gone!

I'm not sure what's more shocking.That they stole the doors,the price to replace them or the fact you can still get an aux. trans....???(my old boss couldn't get one in "07/International)

Their other trucks have two speed rears, but with that you cannot have full lockers, so for the new one they got the aux trans for the lo lo out

of the mud and can have full lockers for better traction. They routinely haul up to 250,000lbs so they wanted the best of both worlds.

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing. Got mirrors and a seatbelt, Put the hat on backwards, secure anything you want down and lets boogie. Imagine the look on the bears face when you come into the scale. That would be priceless. Hell it was only a tad bit cool yesterday morning.

It's like a jeep, just drive with the doors off.

Seriously I have a feeling who ever stole the doors were taking them for something else. I doubt it was a random theft. Any surveillance cameras at the hotel?

He was parked in a side lot where the cameras were not facing. I guess they had some to the front but not to the back.

Back in the 70s Cross Bronx expressway they could strip a car down in minutes .Complete drive train hood doors seats . 60 Minutes did a show on it and tape it with cops driving buy .

Hah-EJ- I can relate-I had to do some "temporary driving" in metro NY in early 70's. I remember pulling a load out of Mt Vernon one day and noticed a nice VW bug on the side of the road with a bunch of people nearby. Neighborhood was decent too. By the time I dropped the load and headed back the car was on blocks and stripped! My guess is elapsed time was under 45 minutes. I'm sure nothing has changed.

That's the one right by the Cracker Barrel...Pilot truck stop just up the road & we've got a terminal 1/2 way between that hotel & the pilot (and no, the company I'm with doesn't run KW's). Nice little western/tack store in that area, too...didn't THINK it was that bad, although our terminal is fenced in...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I was in a hotel in Pikeville Ky a couple winters ago with my log truck. Worked out in a pipe yard and left the truck in a trailer park all week. Thursday night took it to hotel so I could leave early. Got up to Ohio to check straps and my bar was gone. Cost me $40. Got to the pipe yard to unload and they yelled that oil was going all over. The inside oil filter on top of the headboard for the loader was gone. Now let me tell you, those filters had been on there for a couple years and every time I have taken them off I destroy them. It didn't fall off. Must have pissed somebody off... Found my bar in the load while I was unloading...

Too bad people have to steal and mess with truckers. Hard enough as it is without the extra headaches

Bob

If somebody is going to steal from me they'd best pray I don't catch 'em in the act, as it'd get 'em a 1-way ticket straight to the morgue. If I felt inclined to do so, they might get to go for a swim instead...but either way, they'd be explaining to the man upstairs why they were unable to keep his 8th Commandment. Not many folks lower than a thief in my book...maybe child molesters, politicians, and crooked cops...but that's about it. The more I think about this happening just up the road, the more pissed off I'm getting...there is a gun show is in town this weekend...think I'll go wander around for a while.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I just saw this,you gotta be shittin'me! what the hell is wrong with people! something like this can put an O/O out of business right damn now! effing ridiculous!...........................Mark

You got that right about the o/o thing. As it is my friends company he works at is only a 15 truck fleet and two of them were in the shop

this week for other issues, so this really screwed them over, they are not afraid to buy nice trucks but they definitely don't need to be

replacing stuff like this. They have a deductible on their insurance like everybody else, plus they had to bobtail another truck down there

to get this one, so even if insurance picks up most of this they are still gonna have to come up with a few grand to cover the rest and

now KW is saying it could be up to 30 days before the new doors arrive. That could easily end an o/o business.

If somebody is going to steal from me they'd best pray I don't catch 'em in the act, as it'd get 'em a 1-way ticket straight to the morgue. If I felt inclined to do so, they might get to go for a swim instead...but either way, they'd be explaining to the man upstairs why they were unable to keep his 8th Commandment. Not many folks lower than a thief in my book...maybe child molesters, politicians, and crooked cops...but that's about it. The more I think about this happening just up the road, the more pissed off I'm getting...there is a gun show is in town this weekend...think I'll go wander around for a while.

My buddy was feeling the same way, the more he thinks about it the more he gets pissed about it. The tirds that stole this stuff are doing more

than just stealing, they're messing with a person and business's lively hood.

• Like 1