International

Mack 3P

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are going to hate me but,...

The bumper, fenders and headlights are nice.

IF MACK did that to the Rawhide with the MACK JR grill instead for that hideous chrome PT Cruiser abomination and kept the air cleaners under the hood for better areo, I think it would be a winner.

• 3 weeks later...
post-2303-1208316267_thumb.jpgpost-2303-1208316487_thumb.jpgYou have to see the interior, especially the bunk and drive it to fully appreciate it. I haven't driven the Lonestar but I have tried the Prostar, basically the same except for the hood and front axle location and they are very smooth, quiet and handle great. They are available with hardwood floors and they have a really nice curved couch in the bunk.

i am all about long and low, oldschool, lightweight but heavy hauling dumptrucks, so i would have to see it as a daycab, with short stacks and then i could give my oppinion, but i think i would look decent. definatly different thats for damn sure.

1993 Mack CH613 350 V-mac complete with Blixxton II module, RTX14710B Fuller tranny, 4.17 ratio 38K camelback rears, converted to 5-axle dump truck in 1999. Over 1 Million miles and counting on original motor

• 1 year later...

One of the other O/O leased on where I'm at has one...sharp looking truck up close, but not my thing. If I wasn't in a Mack, I'd either have an old Ford LTL 9000 or a corn binder of some sorts (5900ish). I drive a truck to work & make me money, not to "look" good going down the road. Ain't got no use for a chromed out highway cruiser or a plastic hunk'o'junk.

Where I think they went wrong with the Lonestar, is instead of trying to "modernize" the lines of a good looking, stylish, classic truck, they should have left the lines alone and just modernized the materials to reduce weight.

which gets me to another gripe I gots with these vehicle makers.... :angry:

I'm curious why everyone went away from the old sealed beam headlights (where there were generally 4 to choose from, and if you bought the wrong one you were an idiot). The old bulbs, you got new glass with the bulb, so that your lights ALWAYS shone like they did right off the dealer lot whenever you changed a bulb. Now, you only buy the bulb (and have 50,000,000 to choose from, it seems...all of them look alike), and the plastic lens gets dirty, scratched, & discolored over time so your headlights are less and less effective the longer you have the vehicle.

Take my CH, for example. Same danged size & shape headlights as in my '86 Ranger. Bulbs cost the same for both. The old Ranger gets new glass with each headlight change. The Mack has the stupid scratched, dirty, discolored plastic lens that limits my vision at night.

Not all change is good change. :thumbsdown:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i am all about long and low, oldschool, lightweight but heavy hauling dumptrucks, so i would have to see it as a daycab, with short stacks and then i could give my oppinion, but i think i would look decent. definatly different thats for damn sure.

There are a couple daycab LoneStars running around my area. I think they look better as a daycab than with a bunk on it...bold, different.

On the flip side, I don't really care for the Titan. Take away the air cleaners and the "Mack" on the grill and you have a Volvo.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It looks like a cross between a PT Cruiser on steroids and a proto type for a Hot Wheel that never made it. That is one incredibly ugly truck!! But hey, to each their own, if you dig it and it gets the job done.....

"You som'bitches could'nt close an umbrella!"

I do remember seeing a black Beelman Lone star a few months ago.

yup....looked sharp, too. I think it depends on how it's set up. I can't stand low-riders with tiny tires. Let the tires fill the wheel wells and give it a suspension that allows it to have decent ground clearance. I've seen a lot of trucks going down the road with the low bumpers and side skirts and wondered how the drivers can possibly be expected to do a proper pretrip or post trip inspection when they can't see (let alone GET to) anything under the truck. How does a person service the truck without the luxury of a pit?

Sorry, but I like to keep things easy to work on. If I can't fit under it, I don't want it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

yup....looked sharp, too. I think it depends on how it's set up. I can't stand low-riders with tiny tires. Let the tires fill the wheel wells and give it a suspension that allows it to have decent ground clearance. I've seen a lot of trucks going down the road with the low bumpers and side skirts and wondered how the drivers can possibly be expected to do a proper pretrip or post trip inspection when they can't see (let alone GET to) anything under the truck. How does a person service the truck without the luxury of a pit?

Sorry, but I like to keep things easy to work on. If I can't fit under it, I don't want it.

And you'd be surprised how much of that lower plastic garbage that I've fixed, and/or replaced.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've seen some truck drivers who couldn't fit under a monster truck, let alone a semi.

That was funny Gambi but very true! I'm like Rowdy I may be a 120 lbs and 5'4 but I can fit under just about anything but there are some places I can't even fit under and I don't see how an average sized person can do it.

My waist size is seven inches less than my height when barefoot. I don't work on too much stuff any longer.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've seen some truck drivers who couldn't fit under a monster truck, let alone a semi.

I'm not a "truck driver". My belly don't rub the steering wheel. I don't waddle when I walk. I don't have a mullet. I DO shower.

I prefer "Freight Transportation Engineer". :thumb:

I'm not a "truck driver". My belly don't rub the steering wheel. I don't waddle when I walk. I don't have a mullet. I DO shower.

I prefer "Freight Transportation Engineer". :thumb:

Freight Relocation Engineer.

Few years ago a buddy of mine worked as an oil changer at the local dealer...called himself a Petrolium Distribution Engineer.

I got one better Rowdy...Redneck one stack Mack dump bucket super trucker. :lol:

'cept I drive a 2-stack Mack w/a window in the back...and I ain't always a dump bucket driver. Sometimes I'm a tanker yanker, and recently even pulled a dry-box.

BTW, speakin' a Redneck stuff, I FINALLY got my company logo made into a sticker and put on the side of the hood :thumb:

l_0f58851e0a7d41f9ba9cf5a3fc56ad75.jpg

:banana: