SuperLiner - Interior Dash Paint

Mack used to have Silver Gray interior paint you could buy at the dealership, I need some too the p/n i have is 312SX132P1 for a spray can.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

DON'T USE THE SHIT FROM MACK!!! :whistling: I've used it before and it doesn't match at all :blush: . Not mention that it is a pain in the A$$ to work with. We got some paint mixed up for my truck at work at the body supply place in town and it was damn near the same as the original paint. It even has the satin look to it :notworthy::twothumbsup: . The stuff that Mack sells is darker and has a purpleish tint to it but it says that it is Mack interior gray :icon_bs: . Trust me it isn't. I'll have to find the can of paint lat work to get a name and code for it. That is if I remember :loldude: . Just my 2 cents.

Josh :SMOKIE-RT::clock_logo::SMOKIE-LFT:

What is the best paint to use on something like the plastic dash,heater console,etc.? I'd really like to do something different in my '88. It has the Level 3 black upholstery,which I never really cared for, and the gray dash ,I'd love to redo it in something like the old Western Deluxe interiors with the blue diamond tucked upholstery. If I did that,I think I'd want to paint the dash blue,also.

Mike

I have used a plastic paint in the can before. I got it at a paint supply store in rattle cans, took a lot of prep of the panels and had to use a couple different things (adhesion promoter I remember) but when it was done it looked good.

If you have a paint shop close they might be able to paint the stuff for you, I know that there is also some sort of flex additive that can be used so the paint wont crack if hit, along the same lines is the paint used on bumper covers and plastic trim and moldings.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

A friend here works for a body shop supply place, he was going to get me some good plastic primer and die that he said was very close to the mack gray but I never got any yet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"