1968 mack r

jettertrucks

If anyone has any interest in this R-Model,Otherdog and I are pretty close to Roanoke and might be persuaded into a road trip for a closer look,pictures etc.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice wheelbase for a single axle & power steering to boot! Would make Vision 386 a real nice antique "project truck"! I also wonder jakebrake,if it is a duplex or triplex for that matter.Has the "dummy" shutters (small radiator) like it may be an R607T with turbo added later.Either way, its what some would call "very restorable"!

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

looks like an R609 to me. exactly the same as mine with a 711 and a Duplex. probably an add on Mack turbo after the fact. nice fifth wheel to, looks like it came off a tandem Mack with the peeks for the trunion bar. and you can see the duplex shifting pattern on the dash. sweet.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

looks like an R609 to me. exactly the same as mine with a 711 and a Duplex. probably an add on Mack turbo after the fact. nice fifth wheel to, looks like it came off a tandem Mack with the peeks for the trunion bar. and you can see the duplex shifting pattern on the dash. sweet.

10-4 on the 609,Matt.Ahh yes,I see the Duplex shift decal now! Is it a direct Duplex or an overdrive Duplex? Ha-ha,just kiddin'!! All in all,not too shabby! :thumb::MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Nice wheelbase for a single axle & power steering to boot! Would make Vision 386 a real nice antique "project truck"! I also wonder jakebrake,if it is a duplex or triplex for that matter.Has the "dummy" shutters (small radiator) like it may be an R607T with turbo added later.Either way, its what some would call "very restorable"!

I thought the same thing Al !,but although it does appear to be all there,and relatively solid, $3500.00 seems a tad steep to me pricewise? I know its hard to find a good single axle R anywhere anymore,but for the amount of work needed,reloation etc.personally i'd throw out a MUCH lower number first LOL!.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 3 weeks later...