This is why you don't let customers book shippers

JTFormula

I sold this 1966 Mustang Convertible to a nice guy in Florida. I told him I can get him a shipper but he called me back and said he got a broker to book the shipment for $300 over the price I could get it for. I guess he didn't want to wait another day or so but that's fine.

This is the dude who showed up:

post-11944-0-05964500-1373659283_thumb.j

post-11944-0-51033400-1373659285_thumb.j

post-11944-0-36541300-1373659288_thumb.j

post-11944-0-95654900-1373659290_thumb.j

He's telling me "This is Ford F350, not 450. I haul bigger stuff like this all the time. It pulls like nothing" Really? At what point is your rear axle / springs going to explode on I-95? What about your brakes dude? I hear him on the phone to some guy who was calling about a 7 car trailer he had for sale. I didn't get much from the conversation just he doesn't have a truck to haul it. When he is done, he notices my General sitting behind my shop. I told him "Not for sale". Stay away from my rig. To further the fright factor check out the trailers homemade extensions front and rear welded onto it that looked poorly done. This thing was probably 56 feet long now. These are the guys who are going to hurt someone.

Final thing is he asked me to pull a car up because his winch needs a battery so he can pull the box truck back onto the trailer then asks if he can park it in my lot for the day since he has to pick his brother up at JFK airport then come back by midnight and hit the road. All I have to say is WOW.

Surprised they didn't try to put it in the back of the box truck? Then there would be room for a forth vehicle LMAO!!!!

That poor dually don't look TOO overloaded on the back? Wonder what the tongue weight is on that thing? That van has to be 5500#? Then the mustang and trailer weight too?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Probably 21,000 lb total weight of the trailer loaded. The Mustang is around 2800lbs, that van i'd say 5,500 give or take and the box truck my guess is 6500lbs? The trailer is 5,600lbs without the extra extensions he put on it.

The pick up doesn't look like it likes that setup a whole lot....better him than me. We have a half dozen 450's, two diesels and 4 v10's, and they are wimpier than they look for sure. The boss man has a bullydog in his, and it still struggles with the little float and a skid steer on....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I've hauled some hoakey stuff but that takes it! That ford is really hurtin with that load, what do you think that DOT would say about dragging the box truck back bumper on every bridge transition? I'll bet that the trailer deflects like 4 inches on heavy dips.

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I've had some wacky drivers come to my shop but this dude takes the cake. The customer arranged this so its out of my hands. A close Second is a guy who showed up with a 48' reefer van that smelled like bad fish to pick up an $85,000 Chevelle SS. We sent him away without the car.

Probably 21,000 lb total weight of the trailer loaded. The Mustang is around 2800lbs, that van i'd say 5,500 give or take and the box truck my guess is 6500lbs? The trailer is 5,600lbs without the extra extensions he put on it.

And 10K of it on the nose..........and the reason why the truck is buried down on the spring bumpstops!!!

My trailer is about 3K on the nose.

My 2000 PSD would pull my 14K trailer up Fancy Gap at 55 mph in 6th gear just feathering the throttle. All stock, no tuner, just no muffler.

00TKTRL.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

And 10K of it on the nose..........and the reason why the truck is buried down on the spring bumpstops!!!

My trailer is about 3K on the nose.

My 2000 PSD would pull my 14K trailer up Fancy Gap at 55 mph in 6th gear just feathering the throttle. All stock, no tuner, just no muffler.

00TKTRL.jpg

I like the setup in your signature picture better :)

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I will never forget the time a buddy was building a sand base for his above ground pool. He went to home depot to rent a pickup dump truck. Then came by the yard for some sand. I loaded him up and he kept asking for a little more sand. I said your already on the heavy side but he wanted to do this in 2 trips. so we put a good humped load on and then tarped to try and hide it....truck was sitting on the overload springs with a bend in them looking like camelbacks. To leave the yard you have to turn onto a 55mph 4 lane hwy. he had the wheels full lock trying to get out into the slow lane and the truck would not move. He had to back up and make a wide turn to get her rolling. He said 40mph was about as fast as it wanted to go as it did not want to pull in over drive. He did comment that it rode like a caddy!

North Port. The box truck is going to Miami first the driver said.

Myjami eh. No plans to be on 95 this weekend, so I'll be safe

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I've hauled some hoakey stuff but that takes it! That ford is really hurtin with that load, what do you think that DOT would say about dragging the box truck back bumper on every bridge transition? I'll bet that the trailer deflects like 4 inches on heavy dips.

Tim

Really! I thought there was more to the story. I don't know a thing about car hauling, but I couldn't imagine getting on the road dragging a "wreck waiting to happen" like that behind me.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I sent the same 4 pictures to the customer so he can see who he contracted and cover my ass. All he said was does the guy have his info and when is he getting his car. I guess he didn't see what we did.

Freight train - I looked on Kaufmans site and it said thier 50' 3 car wedges were 5600# so I used that in the equation. Either way, this dude was way over the limits of an 18,000lb GVWR trailer.

Those car guys will haul anything. If it wouldn't of been for the mustang I would of put the truck farther up over the axles and hell would of put the car behind.I didn't think those trailers had any suspension. One I pulled long nightmare ago had none at all and it was a rough bastard.

Yeah customer booking there own moves. Wasted my fuel and 456 miles deadhead to load Thursday. Guy must of contacted a few brokers. Someone picked the machine up Wednessday. So now I am deadheading from El Paso because they couldn't make a phone call saying we got it covered. Be home tomorrow. Got stuff to do and need toget here.

The Superliner is lookin sweet with the chrome and visor back on it. I talked to Russo this week in Lavergne TN at the Mack dealer he said he got your MH frame to redo his RW. He says he's gonna holler at me on his next trip so we can get some pics of the two Superdogs together.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"