Nice one Chuck!! thanks for posting,the box forward of the battery box is just a step as far as I know,someplace to stand while cleaning the windshield..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I captured this beauty at our local truck show in Florham Park, NJ.

It looks like it was a fresh restoration. The truck hails from Milford, PA. Top notch stuff!

On a side note, I never realized the function of the diamond-plate box between the front tire and battery box. It looks like it is just a fancy step or did it support the air tanks as well?

They are mainly just a fancy stepand hood fender but some hadair tanks in the them. The truck belongs to Rich Muis(forgive me if I spelled it wrong). My RS had fiberglass fenders on it new but I put the aluminum steps on because the look fancier. On the FS and FLs the fender did act as a step to enter the cab.

Thanks,Josh :clock_logo::SMOKIE-LFT:

That is a sweet ride, I like the look of those long hood R's

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Rich Muys. Good guy. He is into V8 Macks. He bought the CF719 off oldmacktrucks.com. It is serial number 9 out of 14 made. It has a twin turbo 864 in it. He also has a CF795 or something like that with an 865 or 866 in it. He plans on using the motors in other projects eventually. Mike