Maryland Fire Museum

kmeitz

The Fire Museum of Maryland is a great place to visit, especially if you are a Mack fan. When I was there about five years ago they were having an outdoor show. I took a few pictures.

One is a drafting demonstration featuring a Mack "AC" pumper, an Ahrens-Fox pumper, and a Ford Model "T" pumper. The next picture is a Ford Model "A" chief's car with Chicago F.D.

graphics. There was a 1958 Edsel station wagon and, my favorite, a Mack "AB" paddy wagon.

bulldogboy

Sweet.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You should go to the Museum on "STEAM DAY" when they put a fire to the tea kettle of their 1893 American Lafrance Steam Pumper- one of only about 12 operating steamers known to be left in existence. They usually pump into their 1907 Hale Water Tower.

I am pretty sure the paddy wagon is part of the Gary Mahan Family truck collection.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

There are actually two of those paddy wagons. One is black with white fenders. The other is white with black fenders. The Comer's from Maryland provided the chassis and the cages. Gary Mahan and his crew did the restoration/build. I would assume since the picture was taken in Maryland that this is the one from the Comer Collection. Mike