Getting Closer

Superdog

Maybe one of these days I can get mine painted, don't see it anytime soon but a guy can dream.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I've always found where water pooles, dirt is inevitable and forms rust, even when no signs of leakage are present. It is good practice to change the rubber especially before painting so there is not a line. Unless you are wanting to make a fast buck, or cutting corners.

mike

if mine had looked half as good as yours,I wouldn't have worried about it. That red was faded so bad,plus there wasn't much paint left on the roof.

Ever notice how my pics are 50+ feet away from the truck, its a good 50 footer! theres a lot of chips on the back of the sleeper and under all the doors and my roof is peeling pretty bad too, I got on it with some scuff pads and some rattle can to keep the rust away for now.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I didn't take the windshield out,the rubber was good and it didn't leak,seems like everytime I ever took one out,I spent a month getting it to quit leaking.

I put em in my 84 myself because the last time I had it done they leaked, I used 3M weather strip adhesive in both sides of the channel and it sealed right up.

Got her home about 4:00 this afternoon,just quit for supper.Got RH mirror on,RH door put back together all but the lock(need to get a new lock set),both wipers,RH grab handle,both cowl grab handles,block heater plug,all the emblems on the hood, both head light bezels , the cowl rubber and one horn back on..Gotta get some hardware and rob a few parts tomorrow..