oil filter

frd1419

I don't know what filter you have on a 330 but if it is a cartridge style, open it up and see if the number is still on the cartridge.

For example, I have a cartridge on a Mack EN 11 209 cid and after opening saw that it was a Fram C-4 cartridge.

Fram C-4 is 4" dia. and 5" tall crosses to NAPA 1006 or Wix 51006.

On a larger non Mack gas engine that I had, it took a cartridge Fram C-30. 4.25" dia by about 8" tall. Which I think crosses to a Wix 51021 or NAPA 1021.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

You have to have the original to get the number from or the build sheet from the museum to find out which filter was used on your truck. Mack did not use the same filters for the same engines as they used a vendor's filter base and filter. These changed from time to time or the purchaser may have specified which filter they wanted used.

If you have not done so yet you need to send the chassis number to the museum, along with a suitable donation, to get the history of your truck along with a service manual.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I already have done that and in the packet i received back made no mention of a filter number.

Give the arrangement number to your Mack dealer. They should be able to lookup what filter you need.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"