Great Dane Pup Trailer

Great looking combo!

Helpful hints:

1. Turn the wheel the opposite way than you normally would when backing.

2. Watch your height clearance.

3. Allow for extra stopping distance.

4. NEVER EVER TAKE THE WORD OF A FRIGGIN' DISPATCHER!!!!!

• Like 2

Jim

Great looking combo!

Helpful hints:

1. Turn the wheel the opposite way than you normally would when backing.

2. Watch your height clearance.

3. Allow for extra stopping distance.

4. NEVER EVER TAKE THE WORD OF A FRIGGIN' DISPATCHER!!!!!

Jim - Thanks for the suggestions. I have been backing farm trailers and wagons since I could walk. I have backed many trailers behind cars/trucks. Like anything else, it takes some practice. Height is going to be the biggest issue. The trailer is 12'10" high so anything less than 13' is a no-no. I had to trim some pine trees at the farm so I can get out the lane.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Exhaust stack questions...

How tall should the stack be in relation to the trailer? I am considering installing a 48" stack that will be just to the top of the trailer.

Curved or straight with flapper? NO bull horn!

Pointed out at 90 degrees or 45 degrees or straight back?

Ken

How tall should the stack be in relation to the trailer? I am considering installing a 48" stack that will be just to the top of the trailer.

It looks good with either 90 or 45 and a lot better curved because those flappers get annoying

Matt

Ken, the great looking combo indeed!

Those big white side surfaces give good potential for any decorations.

Just imagine quite well and let the mind to our art master.

And... Should I make a reservation on blankets right now?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Jim - Thanks for the suggestions. I have been backing farm trailers and wagons since I could walk. I have backed many trailers behind cars/trucks. Like anything else, it takes some practice. Height is going to be the biggest issue. The trailer is 12'10" high so anything less than 13' is a no-no. I had to trim some pine trees at the farm so I can get out the lane.

I figured you were familiar with the first 3 but hadn't had many encounters with trucking dispatchers. Tip number 4 is just as important as the rest. :)

Most tractors pulling 13'6 trailers have 13'6 stacks to keep the height legal. If you are not driving many miles or putting out too much smoke I would have the top of the stack at the same height of the top of the trailer to keep things symmetric....symetric....because it looks right.

Jim

I figured you were familiar with the first 3 but hadn't had many encounters with trucking dispatchers. Tip number 4 is just as important as the rest. :)

Most tractors pulling 13'6 trailers have 13'6 stacks to keep the height legal. If you are not driving many miles or putting out too much smoke I would have the top of the stack at the same height of the top of the trailer to keep things symmetric....symetric....because it looks right.

10-4....A 48" stack will put it at the top of the trailer. Curved stack pointed out at 45 degrees is what I am thinking. Going Monday to Cross Truck in Canton.

Considered straight pipe but maybe next time.

Ken

Ken, the great looking combo indeed!

Those big white side surfaces give good potential for any decorations.

Just imagine quite well and let the mind to our art master.

And... Should I make a reservation on blankets right now?

Vlad...reservation accepted....but I need at least one night's deposit...a bottle of Vodka? Winfall wimmin not included. :banana:

Ken

just my 2 cents- when I put a straight pipe on the 300 Mack I used to drive it was surprisingly quiet, the noise didn't bother me a bit- you could hardly even tell it had a straight pipe. The 350 Cummins in the next F-model was pretty loud but not too bad. When I put one one the cement mixer truck- no turbo- it was surprisingly loud, even though the muffler was straight through, with no restrictions in it at all.

This is the pipe on the 300- i'd go with this exact height and style, just so you would be like me.

post-1374-0-15886400-1368915307_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Vlad...reservation accepted....but I need at least one night's deposit...a bottle of Vodka? Winfall wimmin not included. :banana:

I hope one bottle is enough for one night :whistling:

Yea, I think enough... If wimmins are not included.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Today I switched the trailer title from AZ to OH without any issues. Also got license. Let me just say...."A bunch of BS from the license bureau." I went to another location and everything was okay.

Ken

Ken

I'd keep it even with the top of the trailer, curved tailpipe, pointed 90 degrees out to the side.

Ron