just so sad

hatcity

Happens to me all the time on flat ground, I know my work truck will go over 75 but the rpm is too high it bugs me so I cruise about 65-67. I get em back on long hills so its cool.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Work truck, I do have some chrome on it now this was the day after I got it.

post-5240-0-43114300-1365562781_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How bad do you have to be to have this happen?

attachicon.gifOD losses to werner.jpg

Getting passed by Werner-so sad

Really, that must be some non-driving buffoon to get smoked by a Werner truck like that! That picture does look vaguely familiar to me though...I must have been on that road before.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Really, that must be some non-driving buffoon to get smoked by a Werner truck like that! That picture does look vaguely familiar to me though...I must have been on that road before.

I'd say you have

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Rev's to high ? ! I drove an older version freightliner a '97 FL70 it ran 70mph@2500rpm's.

Cummins-8.3L, 5spd manual, 4.33s, and 11R22.5s ;o)

Mike[/quote

I wish it had an ISC those are great engines we have run 8.3's here in school buses since they came out in 86. That truck has a 6.7 240hp, 6spd 4.33 rears and 11R22.5's it runs 2400@65mph. I just hate to hear an engine rev that high I'm used to running under 1600. I may try to get it turned up soon, right now there's no speed limit but the torque limiting is on. Its a turd till 1850 then it picks up and goes, I want that crap off and 280hpthen I'll add a box and add 30% to that and I might be happy. I am used to driving slow but going right up hills, this thing won't pull a hill in 5th under 1800rpm over its ok but I don't want to run it that hard. I might have a rear end go out later in the year too( I know a guy that'll swap me for a 4.10) get my rpm down @68-70mph.

Wonder if an E6 would fit in a Freightliner M2?

What sucks is running 55 according to the oversize permit and getting passed by Werner,Swift,and pretty much everybody. Whats great is even heavy passing some of those guys on the hills

Ha ha... Love that feeling... I was running up Mounteagle coming back from Florida a few weeks back. Passed an empty parking lot and skate board. I'm grossing 74,000 held 55-58mph in direct. Those guys were dropping down to 45mph empty....lol

Ha ha... Love that feeling... I was running up Mounteagle coming back from Florida a few weeks back. Passed an empty parking lot and skate board. I'm grossing 74,000 held 55-58mph in direct. Those guys were dropping down to 45mph empty....lol

I used to drive for BTC out of Memphis....they put me in a freightshaker with a 435 Mercedes engine, 10 speed transmission, and 3.55 rears. Running empty across I68 (to avoid the tolls on 70) there were a few hills that I'd damn near be in the low range before I got to the top of them. Needless to say, when I arrived at my next gig and they put me in another freightshaker with a 435 Mercedes and a 10 speed, I was disappointed....but with the 3.90 rears, it pulled a lot better. I still wouldn't own one, though....I went to BTC because I THOUGHT they had Mack trucks. Even the logo on their doors had a Mack truck....but I just missed the boat. Only Macks they had when I was there were L/P trucks. I've noticed they started buying Macks again, though.

Kinda sad, really...most of the companies I've worked for have run Mack trucks at one point or another....usually they stop right before I'm hired on, or are phasing them out of their fleet as I start and I never get to drive them. I've only worked for 2 companies where I actually got to drive a Mack. I finally decided if I wanted to have any say in what I drove, I'd have to buy my own truck....so I did.

But I digress....

The only time I ever get passed by a governed truck is when the speed limit is lower than their governed speed. I run within 2-3 mph of the speed limit, whatever that speed limit might be....so it doesn't matter if I'm in a 45 mph construction zone or a 20 mph school zone, that 62 mph truck with the e-logs is going to blow my doors off at 62 mph....but out there on the 70 mph interstate? I'll return the favor.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Let Werner have his moment. Driving in a straight line is what they do best...most of the time.

MOST of the time is the key word! that is when their not busy tearing doors off trailers!..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.