Test truck maybe?

I wonder whats up with that giant muffler? never seen one like that before......................................Mark

It is the DEF mixing chamber that hangs on the frame rails.I see a lot of these on day cabs.It allows you to have a shorter wheel base.

I am thinking about putting one of these on my new truck so I can keep my wheel base below 224" with 150gal tanks.I need the space for my APU.Instead of being on the frame its located behind cab

Edited by LSI

It is the DEF mixing chamber that hangs on the frame rails.I see a lot of these on day cabs.It allows you to have a shorter wheel base.

I am thinking about putting one of these on my new truck so I can keep my wheel base below 224" with 150gal tanks.I need the space for my APU.Instead of being on the frame its located behind cab

Thanks for the info! i figuered it was something like that..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

How's the Superliner running ray? I got quite a bit done on mine today, gotta fix a wheel seal and drill some holes to get all my bolts back in. I got my 3.65's in and my new crossmember, carrier bearing and driveline section finished up. I might actually get to drive it tomorrow if I don't mess around and get some more work done.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How's the Superliner running ray? I got quite a bit done on mine today, gotta fix a wheel seal and drill some holes to get all my bolts back in. I got my 3.65's in and my new crossmember, carrier bearing and driveline section finished up. I might actually get to drive it tomorrow if I don't mess around and get some more work done.

You should make another video and put it on YouTube. That video you made before I watched it about 100 times and added it to my favorites. Couldn't get enough of that E9 music.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I wonder whats up with that giant muffler? never seen one like that before......................................Mark

Mark,

A lot of us guy's with PTO Blowers can't get the PTO's on the Pass side cause the big ass muffler is under the right side cab and is in the way. So know they are puttin them on the back (old style) if you order the truck with clear right side frame rail

BULLHUSK

Mark,

A lot of us guy's with PTO Blowers can't get the PTO's on the Pass side cause the big ass muffler is under the right side cab and is in the way. So know they are puttin them on the back (old style) if you order the truck with clear right side frame rail

BULLHUSK

Thanks Ernie i thought it was probly something like thati got a buddy in South Jersey that hauls bulk cement told me that too............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Alot of trucks being ordered for twin steering (very common in Ontario and Quebec as lift/self steer axles are pretty much useless here now) are being ordered with that type of exhaust. it was made available in the second year of 2010 emissions bulids. That set up was first used on the MR/LE trucks. On the twin steer trucks up here the DPF fits nicely between the steer axles. The rest of the junk is hanging behind the cab. The behind the cab setup is bigger and heavier then the frame mounted mixer when you add in the heavy brackets to hold that monster.

Looks like a satellite antenna there at the top of the door so they are transmitting data for something.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

if it was for def what is the gas cylinder/bottle sitting on the running board, no of the trucks I have seen that run def have any kind of arangement like that that I have seen.

If any one has a picture of a simlair set up post apicture maybe we could figure it out

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

The big muffler has something to do with all that emissions crap doesn't it? I was at Utica Mack one time and there was a Vision there that had that same muffler. And I think a Granite plow truck had that muffler. Don't the natural gas powered trucks have them too?

Take a close look.The DPF is still under passenger side.The muffler behind the cab is the DEF mixing chamber.