Newbie from Wisconsin ;o)

REOGasMackDiesel

Well the 1975 Mack M52a1 I thought I was going to buy ended up being the one my great uncle drove on the family farm. He was to end up with but they sold it on him with the rest of the machines and trucks.

So I let him buy it up !

I'm still Mackless ;o(

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I hope so, I love Mack trucks ! I also love military trucks too !

My specialty seems to be the rare and hard to find trucks, So the REO brand 2.5ton gas engined trucks and the Mack brand 5ton diesel trucks are my favorite ones.

They are also the hardest to find ;o(

I got myself the super rare 1953 REO M48 2.5ton 6by tractor with dual winches on it.

So now I'm looking for a Mack brand M52a1 5ton tractor.

The Jeep brand truck with Mack powered M-Series is hard enough to find, Now I'm looking for the MACK branded one.

Only built '73-'75 in small amounts, So they are tough to get ahold of ;o)

I love the challenge.

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I used to take my GMC to that show than it started getting really rusty, So I started a restoration on it ;o)

The my new cab/front clip money for the '62 GMC got spent on buying the '53 REO as it was once in a life deal I had to jump on ;o)

I sorta fell into a few other along the way as you can see. Now looking for a Mack to complete the collection off.

You most likely roll right past my place too if you come in 12 and head out water street ? !

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

The Southern Wis. Chapter ATHS has had a truck show there in June,for the past 2 years.June 21-23,2013( I'll be in Macungie).The construction outfit I used to worked for,had 3 or 4 MACK Army 5 tons as water trucks.My cousin sold the last 2 a couple years ago on eBay,sorry! Yep, I go up Rt.12 out of the "Mad City"! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I currently don't have a Mack to share pics of at this time. I was hoping to find one eventually here ;o)

Yep that's the way to go to get to baraboo as well myself. Shame I wasn't around when your company had those 5ton Macks for sale !

I'm sure one will cross my path ;o)

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

• 1 month later...

My family drove, AM General's, REO's, Diamond-T's, Mack's, Diamond-Reo's, GMC's, Studebaker's, IHC's, Oshkosh's, Jeep's, and a very limited few Ford's . . . For trucks anyway, The cars you'd have to add Packard, Nash, Hudson, and American Motors ;o)

We drove the Independent's mostly and filled in the gap's with GMC's and if need be a couple Ford's.

Almost never seen a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products once Chrysler and AMC buyout/merger happened We stopped buying Jeeps well NEW Jeep's anyway ;o)

So yes what's in my signature is all own, There ain't a modern rig kicking about and those are the toys. Nope they are the drivers, workhorses, and well toys too ;o)

Just another hard worker surviving life.

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.