Did a 180 mile round trip to XXXXX truck salvage because he told me he had PLENTY of 24.5 aluminum wheels...I could pick the best two for $150 each...got up there and he had deep gouged and beat up crap! the only two I could find were an Alco and an Accuride (I think) and the groove around the face of the rim was different! I told him before hand that they were going on a show truck and needed to be good enough shape to polish! Talk about pissed!

I was clearing a fence row today, guy on joining property had lots of old cars and trucks and stuff stacked everwhere. He came back to talk to me, I stopped tractor and we were walking and looking at some of his loot. I spied an old PTO driven Tulsa winch lying in weeds and asked him if he wanted to sell it and if it worked. He said he didnt even remember where he got it and didnt know if it worked or not, but for 100 bucks I could load it up. I made a pretty fast walk back to my truck, got wallet and paid him right quick. It took both of us to get it in truck, rascal was heavy! I hope it works, if not, guess will just scrap it. i got a flatbed truck I wanna put it on,and power it with PTO and hydraulic motor. Dern, hope it works! Havent read tag on it yet, gotta clean it up, but I think its bout 30,000 lb. winch. randyp

Leversole,I did the same thing some years back.I drove from home here in PHilly almost to the Ohio line to look at an antique Cat tractor.When I called the fellow about the tractor he said it ran when he parked it,and that was about 10 years ago.So I throught that it was parked about 20 years past.When I get out there all I saw was apile of parts for thr tractor.I forgot and he didn't tell me that when he parked it he tore it down to rebuild the motor.Parts were everywheres.Needless to say I came home empty handed.

With some 80 grit sand paper and a DA sand out the biggest gouges and scratches after that just use progressively finer paper until it's ready to polish. Then use your preffered compound and a buffer until it looks like a mirror.

I USED TO HAVE AN ALL ALUMINUM AUTOCAR AND THE SANDING BUFFING AND POLISHING THAT IT TOOK TO KEEP IT UP GAVE ME ALOT OF O.J.T.!

With some 80 grit sand paper and a DA sand out the biggest gouges and scratches after that just use progressively finer paper until it's ready to polish. Then use your preffered compound and a buffer until it looks like a mirror.

I USED TO HAVE AN ALL ALUMINUM AUTOCAR AND THE SANDING BUFFING AND POLISHING THAT IT TOOK TO KEEP IT UP GAVE ME ALOT OF O.J.T.!

I have done a pair of mines by cutting out about 1mm off faces with a lathe and welded up a couple of big scratches. And after nearly 2 days of sanding each one I got them polished into a brightness they were able to get. Good enough but not a chrome shine.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

After a similar trip to St. Pete, FL to look at a "show winning" truck that was probably a 3 out of 10 I have learned to ask for photos with the current date tag on the pics before I burn up some diesel.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!