Jays Pictures of the week / CO - UT trip

jaysm35a2

Now I was thinking of yall on our trip to UT and posting some pictures.

A drag line , this thing was the biggest I have ever seen , and it was working hard and made the D11 that was pushiung dirt took like a clown car

post-2596-0-23176300-1359260958_thumb.jp

A B model Mack I saw FS on the side of the road in WY , I need help with this one. 10sp Direct drive duplex, double frame . Does the rear end look correct? Double frame from cab to rear and why is the strip accross the back of the top of the cab? Sorry they are upside... down ?

post-2596-0-27341100-1359262245_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-76090000-1359261851_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-84693600-1359261891_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-62992100-1359262085_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-27558200-1359262125_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-15424000-1359262150_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-50736800-1359262185_thumb.jp

post-2596-0-29129100-1359261818_thumb.jp

A nice clean Pete , look at the next pic and you will see why I posted it.

post-2596-0-86881300-1359262311_thumb.jp

Anyone know the guy on the right this truck was pulling for?

post-2596-0-36453200-1359262430.jpg

2nd pic of the wife and I with the King

post-2596-0-27144800-1359262594_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I know a couple of Georges drivers from my days of hauling shows for Clark,he and his crew are some great people! some of the most professional in show business! had the chance to meet George in Vancouver,BC while i was touring with the national production of the broadway show "The Full Monty" great guy,seems like a regular person!.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Cool pics. I have to admit, I don't know who that guy is.

Looks like George Strait to me. I hope I am correct.

I know a couple of Georges drivers from my days of hauling shows for Clark,he and his crew are some great people! some of the most professional in show business! had the chance to meet George in Vancouver,BC while i was touring with the national production of the broadway show "The Full Monty" great guy,seems like a regular person!.........................................Mark

Clark....Roy Clark?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ken,Clark Transfer Inc. Harrisburg,PA Clark does all the trucking for broadway shows throuout the U.S. and Canada Lighting,sets,costumes/props.sound systems etc. and occaisionally an entertainers roadshow. I started at Clark in 2001,and allthough i no longer do shows,this is what i did when i started up until about 3 years ago,only reason i'm not still touring is my tractor is "too old" but i am still leased tp them,only now i just run under their authority,and lease my trailer from them. As far as the trucking business is concerned,i never worked for a better,more professional company!..................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ken,Clark Transfer Inc. Harrisburg,PA Clark does all the trucking for broadway shows throuout the U.S. and Canada Lighting,sets,costumes/props.sound systems etc. and occaisionally an entertainers roadshow. I started at Clark in 2001,and allthough i no longer do shows,this is what i did when i started up until about 3 years ago,only reason i'm not still touring is my tractor is "too old" but i am still leased tp them,only now i just run under their authority,and lease my trailer from them. As far as the trucking business is concerned,i never worked for a better,more professional company!..................................Mark

Great video...thanks for sharing!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a guy in Canada looking for parts for a B77, He is working for the Jennings family restoring Waylon's truck that moved the Band.

FW

I wish ya got some pix of that fire truck, too- very unusual to have the pump panel on the passenger side like that.

I have heard George Strait is top-shelf people. I got to meet two country stars- John Michael Montgomery and Trace Adkins. Met both of them when I was a Federal Firefightrer at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. They were there to do shows for the US Army WMR Summer Comcert Series. The Fire Dept (of course) always had exclusive backstage access- have to check those fire extinguishers and paths of egress ya know.....JMM was coming offstage after doing his set, shook our hands and invited us into his area, but he was very busy doing celebrity things, but his people were very cordial and gave us t-shirts and pre-signed CD's.

Another show a few years later we had the pumper parked out back next to Trace Adkins's bus. It was a few hours before showtime. TA came outside from the recreation building where he was doing a meet-and-greet. We were caught with our pants down, didnt know he was "around and about" and we were just in our work uniforms (pants/t-shirts) and not our dress blouses which we should have had on (had we known.) He comes right over to us and greets us all like old buddies and asks if he could get some pics with us and the pumper. His photographer took some shots of him and us, and him in the driver seat. He signed the sun visor of the driver seat, too. He wanted a tour of the rig, so we showed him everything, inside all the compartments, the tools, etc. He asked some really good questions, and even tried on an air pack. Down to earth guy, big, too- about 6'3". Spent about a half hour with us, then excused himself. 5 mins later he re-appeared from the bus holding a case of cold cokes- he says "I'm pretty sure you guys cant have the case of what I was GONNA give ya, but I dont think anyone would mind you having these!" Classy guy.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I wish ya got some pix of that fire truck, too- very unusual to have the pump panel on the passenger side like that.

That would be my fault- I turned the pictures right side up, but I didn't notice until I enlarged the B cab that the breather and steering wheel were on the wrong side,so I flipped them over.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ive met Arron and seen his Macks, big play toys, Arron is just as nice as George when you talk to him for a while.

The B61 I think said it had Timken rears. Is that right? I want to ask the guy about it but I dont really want ot bother him if the trucks been cut and customised. Also why the strip accross the back of the upper part of the cab?