Burned up trucks in Bayonne NJ APA Logistics

JTFormula

I was in Bayonne yesterday dropping in a 75 Eldorado I sold going to Denmark and there were 4 trucks there that were quite crispy. Two were basically frames with engines the other two were scorched. I tried to get pics but I had a cop starring me down and since I had a dealer plate in the truck and missing plate on the trailer I didn't want to give him reason to stop me.

But fear not I found this on the interwebs.

12032328-large.jpg

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/12/wind-blown_fire_damages_six_tr.html

Don't those Voleos have a self destruct mechanism if they work to hard??

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) has a Task Force to investigate "underhood thermal events" (nice name for fires) in newer trucks with EGR engines.

Are you trying to say maybe volvos are the Ford Pinto's of the truck world?..................................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) has a Task Force to investigate "underhood thermal events" (nice name for fires) in newer trucks with EGR engines.

I've seen those characters all over the place! I thought it stood for The Mickow Corporation and their mission was to keep freight rates cheap. So that's what they're up to,eh?

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Are you trying to say maybe volvos are the Ford Pinto's of the truck world?..................................................Mark

This applies to any EGR equipped engine not just Vulvas. This is a hot (no pun intended) topic at TMC.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

That was probably some ones life that burned up. Despite the fact that it was a Peterbilt, does not take away from the fact that a mans lifeblood was destroyed.

Myself, i do feel sorry for the owner and driver that he lost his work.

But thats just me. Maybe I care about people, not the vocation.

I doubt it. It was gone when we came back through. I think if somebody died in it it wouldn't be sitting in a gas station parking lot.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The company most likely has more 379's.

You just don't effing get it do you?

How do you know it was a fleet?

Don't matter anyway, A man cannot work today. He will have some difficulty providing for those that depend on him. His next load will have to be delayed to locate another trucker.

Maybe when you get older, you will understand.

Until then, maybe show some respect for others

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Actually the last two were freightliners. I don't know what the one next to the Mack was since that one was toast.

Vin - Whether Mack, Pete, freightshaker etc its still a truck, some ones livelyhood, and its money lost. APA might have insurance to cover the trucks for current value but now you have to replace lets say $200,000 in used equipment, there are multiple people not driving which mean not working. Not everyone here has a Mack they drive everyday. Show respect.

Back in '99 when I worked for Evans Equip one of our drivers was traveling near Sulphur Springs, TX on I-30 in a new IHC company truck. An illegal driving an un-insured pickup truck crossed the median and hit our truck in the left steer tire and fuel tank, the IHC burst into flames. Killed the illegal instantly, our driver got out of the truck with minor burns. He had recently filed for divorce and had everything he owned in the truck, tax papers, titles, clothes. Everything burned up. It took him more than a year to get everything squared away.

Hey vinny had that been your U model that burned up, would it still be funny? I think not! How would u like it if a person laughed at something bad happening to your truck. We've supported and helped u this whole time vinny how about showing some support for those drivers that can't work because they lost their livelihood .

Hey vinny had that been your U model that burned up, would it still be funny? I think not! How would u like it if a person laughed at something bad happening to your truck. We've supported and helped u this whole time vinny how about showing some support for those drivers that can't work because they lost their livelihood .