This stripped down H-633 was a one owner truck in the Stockton, CA area and pulled doubles into the late 70's. I bought it as it sits from the original owner a few years back with the idea the cab could be used to replace the one on the Mustang Mack. It came with a big crate of parts too. The story I got from the guy is that when he parked it to start driving a new truck it was in great shape. He was on the road for about a month and when he got home this is how he found it. His son and buddies decided they were going to perform a frame off restoration and stripped it down. What a shame. Anyways the old Mustang cab was really getting bad and was loaded with bondo. But after a lot of head scratching we decided to strip it down and redo the same cab.

post-198-0-97186900-1358991467_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-84465700-1358991513_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I took two, a couple other good Mack guys from the local area got about 3-4. Dennis from NJ took 3-4, and then a few have showed up in the N cal area for sale.

Nice pics of nice trucks. I especially like the R with the V8. Thanks!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Mike,

I dont think many got scrapped. Mary had an executor who was a friend and gave her instructions to sell the trucks to people who wanted them. we were all treated real fair. it was not a fire sale. There was also a shed load of old cars and trailers of parts. Pictures from inside her old office. picture has a date stamp over a pic of Mary and her husband. in the left corner.

post-198-0-20006600-1359036124_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-19470700-1359036189_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-58504400-1359036232_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This stripped down H-633 was a one owner truck in the Stockton, CA area and pulled doubles into the late 70's. I bought it as it sits from the original owner a few years back with the idea the cab could be used to replace the one on the Mustang Mack. It came with a big crate of parts too. The story I got from the guy is that when he parked it to start driving a new truck it was in great shape. He was on the road for about a month and when he got home this is how he found it. His son and buddies decided they were going to perform a frame off restoration and stripped it down. What a shame. Anyways the old Mustang cab was really getting bad and was loaded with bondo. But after a lot of head scratching we decided to strip it down and redo the same cab.

Too late now,but I have a NOS nose for a H67,think they are the same as the H-63.

Dennis Meehan (cough) ended up with a V8 Rs700lt and a v8 early superdog . both single axles, i remember he had them for sale tryin to turn a fast buck.

That Superliner wasn't really a Superliner,but a recabbed RS700.When I saw it listed on OldMacks,I emailed Dennis about it,as I was interested,but told him in no way shape or form was it really a Superliner,as the rame was wrong,VIN was wrong,steering gear location was wrong,etc. I got an email back about how many years he worked for Mack,and he knew this and he knew that and that basically I didn't know what I was talking about.

Ironically,a week later the listing was changed calling it a RS700 with Superliner cab and hood fitted. I really think he's been blinded by $$$$.

• Like 2

That Superliner wasn't really a Superliner,but a recabbed RS700.When I saw it listed on OldMacks,I emailed Dennis about it,as I was interested,but told him in no way shape or form was it really a Superliner,as the rame was wrong,VIN was wrong,steering gear location was wrong,etc. I got an email back about how many years he worked for Mack,and he knew this and he knew that and that basically I didn't know what I was talking about.

Ironically,a week later the listing was changed calling it a RS700 with Superliner cab and hood fitted. I really think he's been blinded by $$$$.

Hmmmmm???, funny how that happens! That guy from Iowa really does know what he's talkin' about!! :clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA