Oh Vinny I found you another U model!

Here's the BCR. It was a twin screw when it was new but someone made it a single axle(they did use an old mack rear though). It's got a 237 with a 5 + 2 tranny. I've been looking for one of these for a while now. Actually I looked at this truck about 10 years ago but I didn't relise it was a BCR at the time because I didn't know what one was back then. Thanks, Josh

What is a BCR other than a B-Model conversion

?

Here's the BCR. It was a twin screw when it was new but someone made it a single axle(they did use an old mack rear though). It's got a 237 with a 5 + 2 tranny. I've been looking for one of these for a while now. Actually I looked at this truck about 10 years ago but I didn't relise it was a BCR at the time because I didn't know what one was back then. Thanks, Josh

This one was up on Rte 255 between I-80 and St Marys but it's been about 5 years since I've been up that way.

BCRnameplate.jpg

BCRint.jpg

BCRright.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

Ken

This was a special kit sold by the Mack Co. in the late sixties, so you could take a tired old "B" model and upgrade your truck to a new style "R" model.

The brochure showed pictures of before and after of an old "B" model.

An inexpensive way to upgrade your old truck.

Brochure stated that you could go from the "B" to the "R" in something like 40 hours!!

Ron

No sweat,Ron! Not only was it sold as kind of a "Glider Kit",but MACK had run out of assembled B cabs quicker than expected,and had to offer something as a replacement! Thats just what I heard-you know how that goes!! Could be on "Ripley's Believe it or Not",I guess?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA