Hello from New Jersey

Chuck P

My name is Chuck and I look forward to many inciteful conversations on this fine board.

I have been a member of the ATHS since attending my first national convention in Marlboro, Massachusetts.

I don't have a Mack truck but I have been a fan of them since I was a little kid. I grew up around them having lived in the central Jersey hotbed of paving, construction and trash removal. Macks were everywhere. I used to admire the neighbor's clean fleet of DM600 and DM800 dump trucks, all with Bristol-Donald bodies. The asphalt plant that my dad worked at had an equally impressive fleet of DM800s that stood in the shadow of the Edison Bridge in Keasbey. The pride of the fleet was a massive single-axle B-81 used for lowboy work.

I try to attend as many local and not so local truck events that I can.... my favorites being Macungie and Gerhart's Equipment in Lititz, PA. Often I have my 12 year old son and father tagging along. I am very fortunate to be involved in the Metro Jersey Chapter of the ATHS which gives us access to the impressive Mahan Collection.

I collect truck brochures and pictures and have a large collection of books in my library relating to trucks and trucking company history.

I work P/T for Penske Truck Leasing and maintain a Class A CDL. No Macks in the Penske fleet, just a bunch of Freightshakers and Navistars.

post-13134-0-05042800-1358664615_thumb.j

Edited by Chuck P

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

My name is Chuck and I look forward to many inciteful conversations on this fine board.

I work P/T for Penske Truck Leasing and maintain a Class A CDL. No Macks in the Penske fleet, just a bunch of Freightshakers and Navistars.

:WELCOME:

Chuck, welcome to BMT. There can be some BS slung around here so be careful and forewarned. :whistling:

We like lots of pictures but please keep the fruitliner and neverstar pics to a minimum. :D

If I remember correctly, Penske used to have some Macks. Do you know Ken McKibben?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Welcome aboard Chuck! i was born and raised in South Jersey,a little town named Elmer,my families been in the trucking business for over 100 years! been an owner-operator for over 30 years now,grew up near the "trucking capitol of SJ" (Vineland) and have been around trucks all my life. We moved to VA about 4 years ago,so i could be closer to my outbound freight,but the plant that i hauled for closed last year,put over 100 people out of work! so now i am loading out of southern Indiana. this is a great place,and i hope you'll enjoy your stay! good group of "Jersey Guys" on here too!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

If I remember correctly, Penske used to have some Macks. Do you know Ken McKibben?

I work out of the South Plainfield NJ shop and the only Macks that were around here were older CH single axles for Jersey Paper. Sorry, I don't know Ken.

Welcome aboard Chuck! i was born and raised in South Jersey,a little town named Elmer,my families been in the trucking business for over 100 years!

I know where Elmer is. You were pretty far south of me. National Freight was out of that area and hauled a lot of glass for Wheaton and other glass outfits...and S-J Transport from Woodstown. Elmer also had a dump trailer builder IIRC, White was it?

Welcome! I recognize that Century from some chemical company.

Got any Volvo pics? OMG I can't believe I just asked that.

The Century Midroof is from Reagent Chemical in Middlesex NJ. They haul molten Sulpur and other good stuff like that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Indeed! National's in Vineland, S-J was just down the road from my house,and yes,it was WHITE Welding & Manufacturing in Elmer that built dump trailers and bodies,i went to grammar school with the family................................Mark

The Century Midroof is from Reagent Chemical in Middlesex NJ. They haul molten Sulpur and other good stuff like that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I reckon I could've learned myself that if I clicked on the pic.

I see them on I-79 in PA and WV every so often.

Jim

Welcome from central Jersey! This is a great place, nice people, and lots of tall tales.

Hey, Brick! I hope you fared well during Sandy. I have friends on Drum Point Rd that had water damage and are now just getting back to normal.

Hey, Brick! I hope you fared well during Sandy. I have friends on Drum Point Rd that had water damage and are now just getting back to normal.

Sandy the Hurricane or Sandy my wife? LOL - Were in the Parkway Pines section, near Howell so far enough away from the floods but the winds still took down a tree and stuff. My bro-in-law is off of Mantalonking Rd and the end of his block was kayak only. He was fine as well though. Still rebuilding around here.

Where in NJ are you?

Where in NJ are you?

Bordentown / Columbus area. Right near the Manheim Car Auction. Yeah, I saw how Mantoloking got hammered. It made a new inlet right near the bridge. I don't want to see another one of those storms in my lifetime....one is plenty.

Bordentown / Columbus area. Right near the Manheim Car Auction. Yeah, I saw how Mantoloking got hammered. It made a new inlet right near the bridge. I don't want to see another one of those storms in my lifetime....one is plenty.

Hey Chuck,is the Columbus Flea Market still around? been quite a while since i've had occasion to run up 206.......................................Mark

I'm from Readington NJ, but I used to haul Cement down to Burlington US Pipe and Foundry every night 2 loads between 10 pm and 5 am outa Bayonne NJ. Now I just head down 130 to Mastore's Diner!! It takes me about 45 to 50 mi from my house

BULLHUSK

Hey Chuck,is the Columbus Flea Market still around? ..........Mark

Sure is. My wife and I go there once a week for fresh vegetables.

Now I just head down 130 to Mastore's Diner!! It takes me about 45 to 50 mi from my house

BULLHUSK

Mastoris is the place to go for sure! It's just 5 minutes for me. :P Cheesebread, yum!!

I read with great interest about your V12 Mack. Sounds like an awesome truck. Good luck on getting her back on the road and I'd like to see it someday at a local show.

Glad to hear it ! been awhile since i was up that way,we used to frequent the Berlin farmers Market,i sure enjoyed getting out and walking around after spending the week in the truck! and i miss the fresh apple cider too!...........................Mark