Sure will, BCR. I'm not really sure what I'd do with it, but it would rip my heart out if it went to the exporters. The story I got is in '73 or '74 the price of soybeans jumped up unexpectedly and all the farmers around here made more money than they were anticipating, and needed a tax write-off at the end of the year. Whoever bought this one had to have kept it inside most of its life. I mean, I don't think there's a 2005 model around here as clean and dent / crack free as this one is.. Most farmers and contractors down here don't take care of their trucks like you guys up north do, so a truck this clean is one heck of a rarity.. Right now it belongs to a tractor salvage dealer and they've been using it on their farm pulling a trackhoe and dozer around.

Jake

Thats awesome, love the looks of it with them spokes.

Awesome!!!!!

Finally!!!!! Someone is buying a truck with spoke wheels & they're going to leave the wheels alone!!!!! :clap:

Usually the first thing that happens is that the new buyer comes on here wanting to know how to convert it to aluminum Budds. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Long as they're installed correctly & trued up, they'll run straight as Budds. Those double nut Budds are the thing that really does suck, in my opinion. Unimounts aren't bad, but of all of them I'd still prefer a nicely painted set of spoke wheels.

• Like 1

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I think I've finally made up my mind to buy this truck, but I'd like to ask you guys' opinions on a couple of things. First of all, I noticed that the steering box is mounted on the outside of the frame, as opposed to inside with the pitman arm shaft going through the frame. If I was to add power steering in the future, is there an outboard mounted p/s gear available? I'm guessing maybe a Valueliner would be set up that way? Second, I know a five speed is bulletproof, but I'm going to be pulling a dump trailer and maybe a log trailer, and I sure would like a couple of lower gears to start out with. I'm thinking either a two stick six speed or slap a Spicer 4 speed auxillary behind the factory 5 speed. Third, and most important, with a truck this clean and original, do y'all think I'd be comitting a crime if I went to modifying on it, even if it is to improve its usefullness?

Jake

Jake,

Good decision to buy the R. As for the modifications...my thought is as long as you don't "butcher" it. That is use Mack components, parts, etc. and if you ever sell it the future owner can put if back to "original specs". Good luck!

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"