As far as rear axle capacity goes,it's just a spring change until you get up to 44,000 and above,isn't it? The trunnions are known crack,keep an eyeball on that too!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I would say if you are already thinking you want to change this or that and it doesn't even have power steering i would keep searching.

Yep, I think you should let ME buy that truck and I'll find you a "well-proven" 300/6 speed,P/S,wet kit R model from up here (might not be real pretty). :loldude: I know its tough sometime to justify the purchase of such a truck,Jake,without getting a return off of it. I think to work it would be a shame.But on the other hand,It's a MACK,and wouldn't be allergic to workin' for a livin',anyway! I confess,I'm torn!! :tease:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I know what y'all mean.. It will have a pretty easy life, though. I'm just a one man show, and I do 90% of my hauling with my tri axle. I just need an end dump for the occasional 60 mile haul when I'm delivering rock to a hunting club out in the sticks or something. I'm going to say it may get 5K miles annually, where as I put about 20K on my tri axle. I'm kind of torn, too.

Jake

I know what y'all mean.. It will have a pretty easy life, though. I'm just a one man show, and I do 90% of my hauling with my tri axle. I just need an end dump for the occasional 60 mile haul when I'm delivering rock to a hunting club out in the sticks or something. I'm going to say it may get 5K miles annually, where as I put about 20K on my tri axle. I'm kind of torn, too.

I hear ya.You'll do the right thing,whatever it is.!

I get SO much crap over actually liking dayton wheels down here. Everybody says, "I don't like that wobble," or, "You can't ever get 'em lined up." I've never owned a truck with anything other than spokes; to quote 2stack superdog, I think they make a truck look tough. I'm glad you guys all agree.

There should be a group started here. "People for the Ethical Treatment of Spokes"