My Latest Project:

umodelnut

I never got to do the snowmobile thing, we ran Hare Scrambles on 4 wheelers here in TN, I had a Honda 400EX in 98 I think when they first came out, red like all the others, I ended up doing a 440 big bore kit, going to 22" holeshots on the back and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket to get it to run with the 2 stroke guys. Then came the Yellow 400EX in 02 did a 416 high compression to it a week after I bought it and the same gear/tire swap it ran pretty good but then Yamaha came out with the YFZ450 in 04 and I had to have one of them in the Black Limited Edition plastic, I didnt change anything on it but add skid plates it was plenty fast for the woods and I was getting tired of hitting trees. I did get to ride the 450 in the snow that year it snowwed about 4 inches here and stayed on the gorund for about a week so i would go out and freeze myself good and go inside and thaw out then go do it again, nothin like a 50' radius powerslide donut at 60mph. I think it was about that time I realized I dont heal as fast as I used to, so bout a year later I sold em and I havent had another one since, I have a New Gator XUV in OD Green right now but that has a chainsaw and axes in the bed for workin on the hill out here. Have fun with it vinny dont go hittin any trees at 60, IT HURTS I promise!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice sled Vinny but be careful.

I was a snowmobile enthusiast many years ago when I lived in Illinois. Ran Artic Cat Panteras. That is until "lack of snow" during the winter months. The bad thing about snowmobiling is you need SNOW! I am not a fan of water skipping and grass drags.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

not much snow here. got three boat anchors we didnt even register. took mine out to pull a little wood on an old car hood from a tree we cut. thats about it. snow has gone to shit in the past few year. and yup, my Polaris is a 600 runnin about 120 horse. it will get out of hand and hurt you pretty quick if you dont respect it. especially after a few on trail adult beverages, gotta behave yourself. usually do a few snowmobile poker runs up here but even the past few years that sucks cause of lack of snow. was always an Arctic Cat guy myself. we had old Jag's, El Tigre's and Cheetahs and Panters. the Panteras were usually junk cause they were so heavy and had steel frames. switched to Polaris but still have 2 Cats, a ZR600 and ZL600. i have had a Bulldog sticker on my Polaris since i bought it in 02 brand new come to think of it btw .

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I delivered a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 to the buyer in Pittsburg New Hampshire in Feb of 2007. The temp was around 6 degrees. The guy owned a lodge on Lake Francis (I think that was the lake). Me and the other driver left at 4am, got there at around Noon. Sleds were FLYING on the frozen lake, not one of them under 70 mph. Then we heard some nasty sounding Ski and this guy was balls to the wall. The dude we delivered the car to said that was one of the fastest guys in the area. He was probably doing 130mph on the lake just then. Some kind of turbocharged Ski Doo. SOB was nuts.

Funny thing when we pulled into his parking lot. A couple guys where there with their snowmobiles and they said "Oh, lets get out of the way so this guy can get his sleds out of his trailer" - I told them, no sleds, just a 69 Mustang. They looked at us like we were aliens and said "What the hell are you going to do with a Mustang in the snow?"

This is the Mustang I sold:

post-11944-0-51486900-1358629245_thumb.j