Here are a few pictures from the ATHS show at the Salem County Fairgrounds,Sharptown,NJ around 1995/6..............................................Mark

Nice pics of Cliff Sharps B-81X before the rear fenders went on. Thanks for posting these Mark!

Rick

• Like 2

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

great thread , some familiar trucks for sure

heres some shots of one of ours.

We needed a heavier lo-boy tractor and had an extra tri-axle dump, we did all the conversion work and paint in our shop

Sweet RD!!!! I see a lot of other old Macks around there too, more pictures!!!! Do you have any U models?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That's a good looking outfit! thanks for posting the pictures. Where you guys at in South Jersey? couldn't make it out in the pictures,just curious as I was born and raised in South Jersey (Elmer/Pittsgrove) I may have seen it before I moved,we've been down here almost 5 years now......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

great thread , some familiar trucks for sure

heres some shots of one of ours.

We needed a heavier lo-boy tractor and had an extra tri-axle dump, we did all the conversion work and paint in our shop

Wow great steel nose R . The first rolloff i ever drove was a steel nose and i have loved them ever since. Thanks for sharing the other pictures as well

Local 282 Union Service

Thanks guys,

Sorry -U model nut- we never had any U's ...just all R's Rd's And DM's

Vision 386 Mark we are/were in Cape may county, we worked in Cape May, Atlantic, Southern Ocean and eastern Cumberland mainly ,few years back we sold off a large portion of our mining properties and most of our equipment...before the economy really crashed I still have a couple Macks and some equipment.

heres some old ones from the late 70's- early 80's DM #9 was one of a Pair my dad bought from Fanelli in Blackwood with Cresci bodies and the #70 was one of "Hermans Haulers"a ex Liedtka truck had a Bristol Donald with the triple ram set up.

funny story the company my dad bought in 1974 was in business since the 40's and all they had were single axle gas jobs had IH loadstar1800's and the old timers there thought my dad was crazy for buying those"big Macks" welllllll...after a bit we had like 14 I remember things were tight, pretty much bought new Cat stuff but he always was buying second hand Macks bought like 3 or 4 from Liedtka,we had some talented mechanics did most all our own work.

Summers as a kid I helped in the shop it was "fun" back then doing elephant pads an new bushings on those 65 rears

Those are sweet. I wish I had a set of mud flaps like the ones on the DM in the last picture.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Nice fleet. The steel nose looks great as a tractor.

Is Liedtka the same company that runs flatbeds?

Yes Jim,Liedtka is a flatbed outfit out of Trenton,used to run mostly Macks......................................Mark

Love the P.E. Kramme trucks,

Thanks for posting Mark!

Ron

No problem Ron! I thought what better picture than a Mack in front of a diner (not that there are many in Jersey!)..................................Mark

Here's one courtesy of the interweb,of an R-Model in front of former landmark Olga's Diner Marlton,NJ before they closed,damn good Pork-roll egg and cheese sammiches!.....................................................Mark

South State has several of those R Models that they use as site trucks. Great find, Olga's did have some good breakfeast.

• Like 1

-Mike