Chicago R models

I took this back over the summer when the plants were still green. Went by this farm between Dekalb and Waterman a few

times and saw this Value Liner with a decent wheelbase on it. I think its just a yard dog for hauling pig slop. I would get a

closer pic but it was probably a 1/4 mile off the road and I was moving. Turned out ok.

post-13943-0-04242800-1452960545_thumb.j

Heres another Chicago R model I pulled a low boy with this tractor in the early eighties when Ed Beltz owned it he bought it from an oil company in elgin had a much nicer paint scheme then. The horn button read this truck custom built for John Yazel so it was one of his early trucks it was sold to Shanahan when Beltz went under. I tried to buy this truck numerous times and Jeff Shanahan never gave me the courtesy of a call back I spoke to his secretary a couple times left him my number and even had some of his employees relay the message to him. So now it sits in a yard for sale in Michigan after sitting idle in Shanahans yard in south elgin a mile and a half from me for years I cant tell you how ticked off I was when I saw it advertised in the truck paper.

post-18980-0-21852300-1453470925.jpg

• Like 1

Heres another Chicago R model I pulled a low boy with this tractor in the early eighties when Ed Beltz owned it he bought it from an oil company in elgin had a much nicer paint scheme then. The horn button read this truck custom built for John Yazel so it was one of his early trucks it was sold to Shanahan when Beltz went under. I tried to buy this truck numerous times and Jeff Shanahan never gave me the courtesy of a call back I spoke to his secretary a couple times left him my number and even had some of his employees relay the message to him. So now it sits in a yard for sale in Michigan after sitting idle in Shanahans yard in south elgin a mile and a half from me for years I cant tell you how ticked off I was when I saw it advertised in the truck paper.

That truck was really a head turner when you drove it Kevin. There just wasn't a whole lot of those around here,let alone still together in the late '80's. Isn't that the way that stuff seems to go. I hate when that happens. Now it'll probably go on a boat ride to who knows where. Al
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Back in the day they put the "custom built for" plaque on the horn instead of the dash?

It's hard to tell from the pic, is it a long hood?

That really sucks that he never got back to you!!!!!!

That is Chicagoland history.

My RS700L says custom built for "Your Mama" on the steering wheel. The guy who originally owned it was Jimmy Wigginton who's dad owned Evanston Fuel and Material. He went by the nickname Your Mama and so thats who my truck was built for.... He died in a motorcycle wreck I believe. His brother Wesley used to have a truck in the area I believe up until at least a few years ago. We bought the RS700 in like 2002 I think from Jake Marsoobian from Gurnee/Wildwood. Supposedly my RS700 was featured in Overdrive magazine back in the day. It was short framed, maroon in color with tall straight pipes when we first bought it and only had bud wheels on front. I wish I had a copy of that!

• Like 1

J.J.(Wiggington) told me it was the same truck I had seen at the corner of 1st Ave. & Joliet Rd.(McCook) back in the summer of '86 when I hauled out of Vulcan along with other MEYER regulars.. The truck at that time was red & white and had seen better days. Can't remember if it originally had a V-8 or a 6 cylinder? I know its got a 300 or so in it now,right?Anyway after J.J. finished restoring it,you sure couldn't tell it was the same truck. If I recall,most if not all work was done at N.I. Mack. He was a Wildman to say the least,but a good guy once you got to know him. Thought he died in a car wreck on Washington St. in Gurnee. I could be wrong.Thats been a while ago. Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

All out of likes bulldogbred! The old truck looks good. Leave it to your uncles to make improvements on a Mack! I always admired those guys and their talents. Good story.Thanks for sharing.Don't have any pics on JJ'S truck. Just remembered he had his Dayton rims chromed! Al

• Like 1

The red RB is a CLK truck, Kirschoffers daughter runs the CLK trucks. You were up in my neck of the woods again...

Yep, been up there all month on a job in Waukegan. Just not in my red/silver truck. I'm hiding in a black/red Pete with a bigger dump trailer.