Air Intake Flex Tube

Went to replace the worn and UGLY intake hose on my truck today...suprised that CTP doesnt have anything?!?....went to the Mack dealer...we looked at diagrams as far back as 1973 and there was nothing that even came close!

Does anyone have a source for this 4" flexible hose that runs from the turbo inlet to the firewall (to the aircleaner)...was going to look at brake duct but dont know if it is strong enough to not collapse...

Any ideas?

post-6773-0-38758800-1354228211_thumb.jp

that looks like someone has majorly cobified it. the original 673 turbo would have had a steel piece with an offset in it that went around the turbo and a short piece of hose on one end that connected to hose from air cleaner and an double 90 elbow on another end. i actually know good quality dryer vent will work. dunno how long it will hold up with the heat but it shouldnt melt and its 4''. i wouldnt use the vinyl stuff tho haha.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

When going through the very same ordeal (while replacing intake hose on the BCR), I got that hose from a PAI dealer in my area.I don't normally like to use their stuff.But with MACK stocking less and less of the "old stuff",sometimes it is the only way to go.Good thing the hose I bought was better quality than other PAI parts I bought(and had to send back).

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

A real speed shop that sell Bully Dog or Banks Truck accessories will have the goodies you need. Including aluminum tube if you want it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

check out Spectre http://www.spectreperformance.com/ I picked up some of there stuff for my truck, this is the link to the flex duct and couplers http://www.spectreperformance.com/index.php/catalog/air-intake-components/flexible-couplers-and-duct.html reasonably priced and seems to be good quality, I cant tell the diffrence between the K&N filter I have on my pickup or the one they have other than the style. I picked up everything I needed at o'riellys, the one near me seems to stock more off road and tractor stuff, I checked out advance and autozone but they did not have alot of 4" stuff.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I just went through this for my b-61 and I went to a supplier here in Denver,Co called Central state Hose 5199 E 48th ave Denver, Co 80216 303-321-2661 and they have every kind of 4" tubing and hose you can imagine. Very helpful. I got a 12" peice to go from firewall to intake and cut another short section for my outer air cleaner assembly connection

I just went through this for my b-61 and I went to a supplier here in Denver,Co called Central state Hose 5199 E 48th ave Denver, Co 80216 303-321-2661 and they have every kind of 4" tubing and hose you can imagine. Very helpful. I got a 12" peice to go from firewall to intake and cut another short section for my outer air cleaner assembly connection

Do you have a part number? Wall thickness and style? Wire reinforced?

Thanks

Sorry, I would have to look again as I left it at the shop. It is not ver thick, maybe 1/8 of an inch. The guy had so many choices that i just grabbed something I knew would work and he cut 20 inches off of a roll. It doesnt have wire reinforcement but he probably has that too. These engines don't pull that hard so you dont really need to worry about it collapsing. I will try to see if the receipt has some sort of part number on it but as long as it is not too flimsy anything will work