whats the story with this place? I know they have a yearly show but was it a big company at one time? just a collector?

There are people on here who know better than I do. Maybe one of them will add some information. The business is on the family farm. The main part of the business is heavy equipment, buying selling repairing. I think he is still a dealer in Northwest cranes or some brand. I had heard he was a Euclid dealer at one time. They do some heavy hauling. They buy and sell old trucks and maybe newer trucks too. You can check out their web site. Search Gerhart Equipment. You can see what they have for sale.

post-8232-0-03937600-1350360961_thumb.jpI called the Monday after the show, and told them I wanted to buy the B70. Now I just need to find a way of getting it to Chambersburg.

Brent, Did you buy it? I've been taking pictures of that truck for years. They will haul it or contact Ray on here. A mid sized tow truck would do the job. The BX is my favorite truck in the yard followed by the A model with the Windsor Asphalt sign. He gave the signs to John Haines who currently owns Windsor Service. The guy who drove the golf cart in the picture is taking the signs off. I think they should take the whole truck and restore it.

Mike

post-8232-0-03937600-1350360961_thumb.jpI called the Monday after the show, and told them I wanted to buy the B70. Now I just need to find a way of getting it to Chambersburg.

Wow a B70, not to many of those . My dad's excavating business used one to move equipment on a daily basis throughout the NYC area. I belive it was purchased new in 1955 and worked until the business was sold in 1972. Had less than 75,000 miles on it.

Mike P.

Thanks for the pics.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE