Spotted B46 for sale in Maine while on vacation

The thought is crossing my mind. Getting it home is the quandary. I didn't call the guy yet just so I don't do something stupid and buy a truck 350 miles from home without a plan. There's still the b42 in ct I want to look at.

nice. looks pretty solid, early number but its at least a 59 and up. has the newer style crossmembers, newer 61 and later mirror brackets, newer style radiator shell and the air horns off to the side.

Sheesh, you can tell what year a B model is, like I can tell all that stuff about a U model. I never paid attention to crossmembers though Matt.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It must have originally been a tractor. I would expect that they were all B46T being that the short length and concave cab were for that purpose.

There were not a lot of them built, so the reason for a low serial number.

B46 1958-1965 473

B462 1960-1965 110

B4626 1960-1960 1

Well I never got a phone call back from the seller before we left to return to NJ yesterday so the odds of me going back to Maine to persue purchase is slim. I hope to at least talk to the guy and get some info on it anyway if for anything to help spread the word.

I did think it would have been an adventure to try and drive it back to NJ though.

• 11 months later...

Hey there I came across your find in Maine and actually own it now the frame definitely was not cut just the tow hitch the fella had on it I actually have been doing a ton of work on it and it is painted and on the road and for sale again

post-16181-0-32250400-1381112647_thumb.j

Hey there I came across your find in Maine and actually own it now the frame definitely was not cut just the tow hitch the fella had on it I actually have been doing a ton of work on it and it is painted and on the road and for sale again

That's pretty darn cool that you got it. I was wondering what happened to that thing. How does it drive and what kind of work did it need?

I mostly did body and paint the carb was beyond fixing so I fabricated an adapter that fit a edelbrock carburetor on it there was one owner between the time you saw it and I picked it up it drives like a slab of granite but other than that it goes really good I will post more pics as I finish it up