The last of a dying breed

72U685ST

Around here all the fire dept's are getting those little Peterbilts or Freightliners. Makes me sick.Morning Sun still has a MS300 Midliner,Mediapolis has a R492F, Yarmouth has a couple ex post office CH's converted to fire trucks,and last I knew,Ft.Madison has a CF.That's all the Mack fire trucks in a 50 mile radius of home.I can't understand why after so many years as a leader in the industry,they let the fire trucks go.Mack needs to get back in that market,and the medium duty market,too.

They do not use DEF.

oh ya,,,i guess your right,,,boy thier certainly shoving that down our throats,all our new trucks require it,,,what a joke,,,ohhhhhh,,,,but i thought obambi wanted to get rid of all that fossel fuels.hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.bob

I guess the days of all mack departments are long gone. It will be a sad day when our 78 MB getts replaced. What make trucks has your dept been replacing the macks with?

Rudy

Still a few small departments in New England with mutiple Macks: Rowe, MA. has two engines on "MR" chassis and a tanker on a "R" model, Hinsdale, MA. has three "MC"

chassied apparatus and a "R" chassied tanker, Bridgewater, CT has three "MR" models. A few new tankers on "Granite" chassis have shown up here and there. Most MA

departments that had Macks have replaced them with Pierce and E-One; all cookie cutter trucks lacking the character of a Mack fire engine.

bulldogboy

Actually, we still have a few of them kicking around. The first picture is Milan's old Mack, when it was replacing a 1966 Ford Fire engine in 1990. The next two are also 1990's. Millerton 51-13, and Standford 65-13 are the last two that are still in service from that era. Dutchess County, New York, for the longest time had a full on MACK ATTACK for a very long time. The Truck that is the wrong color, was just taken out of service, and the last two, are still in service In Milan, New York.

post-13136-0-49947300-1352008536.jpg

post-13136-0-29786800-1352008575_thumb.j

post-13136-0-36045400-1352008853_thumb.j

post-13136-0-45444800-1352008966_thumb.j

post-13136-0-85374900-1352009037.jpg

post-13136-0-27608900-1352009048.jpg

• 2 months later...

Our town is buying a new rescue truck to replace two other trucks and the people who spec'd them out wanted to build it on a Freightliner however our public works got 1 Freightliner and about 8 Mack RDs and the freightliner cant plow at the same time its got a load of salt on it because it don't have the power where as the macks keep going and don't even strain so they don't want another headache and went with a custom chassis instead

Matt

Here is a link to the Noroton Hights Fire Department website apparatus page. They still run all Macks.

http://www.nhfd.us/Apparatus.html#!prettyPhoto'>http://www.nhfd.us/Apparatus.html#!prettyPhoto

The Noroton Heights fleet is no joke. 4 CF's that are modern equipped fire apparatus on bullet proof underpinnings. The rescue although not a CF, is a well sorted MR.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

72U685ST:

I see that Millbury put its new Pierce tower into service. Did Charlton buy your Aerialscope?

Not yet, our aerialscope is out of service and unregistered. It's being stored inside the Dpw building for now and I think their working out a deal with Charlton but millbury still owns it right now. Eric

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|