Midwest Old Threshers show 2012,Mt.Pleasant,Iowa

The 5 day Old Threshers show starts tomorrow in Mt.Pleasant,IA.Took a load over tonite for the show.They like to have the trucks at least 50 years old and pretty much stock appearing.Mikey drove the G73 over,and I took the '46 Brockway 88 and my '41 Farmall A.Wanted to take the Mack EF but I'm converting it to 12 volt and all the parts didn't get here in time.Here's some pics from the unloading dock,I'll post more from the showgrounds later.

post-61-0-17130900-1346308459_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-62845300-1346308520_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-24052000-1346308561_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-15630500-1346308602_thumb.jpg

Mike -

I am not going to make it up, but "shade tree" Tommy that you met when we were by your place is coming up Saturday. I will have him look you up and buy you a lemonade!

I had a guy come by yesterday from Iowa and buy some loader forks. He saw my Macks and he said: "you know, there is a guy up by me with a whole farm full of Macks" I knew right off who he was talking about!

Boy Mike, that Brockway is a sweet little truck!

Are you going to try the Pertronix ignition system on the EF? Let us know how it works out for you.

Jim

I'll keep you posted.Napa called me today and told me my alternator was in,but they put the wrong pulley on so had to send it back.It's been kinda aggravating.

The Brockway had been giving me fits all year,too,but I finally got it running.This will be the first outing for it this year.

Mike -

I am not going to make it up, but "shade tree" Tommy that you met when we were by your place is coming up Saturday. I will have him look you up and buy you a lemonade!

I had a guy come by yesterday from Iowa and buy some loader forks. He saw my Macks and he said: "you know, there is a guy up by me with a whole farm full of Macks" I knew right off who he was talking about!

Tell him to look me up,I've got a shade tent set up in the corner of the old truck area.Was the guy from Iowa anybody I know?

I like th emower set up on the A. I wish we had the show selection here in the West that you have in the Midwest and East. We have a classic car show next week, but the biggest thing there is an early 70's 3/4 ton Ford. My goal is to have the B73 in "Project" form for next years show.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

the annual Midwest Old Threshers is really a good all around show.I'm not smart enough to post a link,but they have a website that shows what all goes on,tractors,steam engines,horse drawn stuff,cars,trucks,hit&miss engines,crafts,antiques,flea market,trolleys,saw mill,historic villages,country music entertainment,tons of other stuff.

Was at the Iowa 80 show and saw your Superdog Mike, I like it. Took the little single stack bunk off mine to put on the twin stacks. I did pick up a sleeper like yours in Vermont a couple of years ago but will need to stretch the truck someday. Look forward to seeing pics from the old threshers show. We have a similar show this weekend at The St. Lawrence Power and Equipment Museum where we just had our show. Will try to get some pics and post them.