Mack AC Bulldog in wreck with a bus , pics.

Wow what a difference then and now, these days bystanders wouldn't be allowed within 200' of the accident and here they are milling around and some even look like they're posing for photos next to the Mack (can't blame 'em for that now, can we???? :lol: )

p.s. don't let the EPA see that photo they'll try and track down the owner of the Mack and fine him for pollution from the oil spilled :whistling:

Actually, that is a later ACU model with an offset cab. The driver got out to unload and forgot to put down the kickstand. Thus the result of falling over(DOH!). The bus load of people all came over to see what all the commotion was about.

It took another 50 yrs before Mack decided to try the offset cab ordeal again.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Actually, that is a later ACU model with an offset cab. The driver got out to unload and forgot to put down the kickstand. Thus the result of falling over(DOH!). The bus load of people all came over to see what all the commotion was about.

It took another 50 yrs before Mack decided to try the offset cab ordeal again.

I can clearly see it does not have an offset cab.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

What a difference from now! No lawyers at the bus, handing out neck braces. Nobody taking off with the load of flour in the AC. Probably just on the edge of the Great Depression too. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Kinda hard to believe that raggedy-ass bus put that Bulldog on its side! BUT,i bet when the truck was righted,couple turns of the crank,and it was prolly DRIVEN away! try that with a "modern" truck,so much plastic,fiberglass,etc. most are totalled by a minor fender-bender anymore!......................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

And they probably used the MACK bus to right it! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I cant believe that there isnt more talk of how a modern truck would have folded like a pretzel but the vehicles in this pic arent, they are made from real steel back then they were probably riveted together, the bus body is probably 1/4" plate steel riveted together with cast channel iron as bracing.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can clearly see it does not have an offset cab.

Now that it's mashed on its side it isn't.

Ok, ok, I was JOKING!!!! (I made the whole thing up) I thought SOMEONE might see the humor. Guess I failed on that one. We'll try again later.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"