MACK M 75 SX pics

What were the transmissions and rears on hose beasts.

Speaking specifically of the M-75SX:

Cummins VTA1710P (700hp) with Allison DP8961

or

Detroit 16V-71T (700hp) Twin Disc TAC3100 or Clark Powershift 16000 series

Cummins TA1710C (800hp) "

Detroit 16V-71T1 (800hp) "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Are you sure it is not the orginal trailer Corbett had. I've got two pictures showing the M75 in Corbett livery with trailer. The pictures are not the best, but it clearly shows a trailer very similar (I would even say it is the same trailer) to the one it got now. Even some details are the same. As example the vin/maunfacturer tag is on the same position. I don't have the copyright of these pictures so I can't show them, but I know I found them on the internet.

Was there ever a salesheet of the M100SX published? I still planing to build a scale model, but I've got no reliable and useful information about this truck.

Looking at my photo's I'm pretty sure that's corbett's trailer. It was a 350 ton, they had used it once and it broke, the company from texas came and brought it back and rewelded the neck. That picture of the transformer is 335 ton.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I was Mashburn's equipment guy years ago. Went on a job in Oklahoma that this truck pulled with the Gerosa truck pushed. Vessel weighed 625tons. I beleive that is the trailer we used under the front of the load, a TSI 350ton 32tire unit. I built a steerable out of the running gear from the "Desert Fox" 500ton TSI trailer and a 24 tire 150ton TSI unit that was under the back of the vessel. The Gerosa truck only had about 800 miles when Mashburn bought it. 5th wheel was for a 2" pin instead of the 3" pin in Double Ugly. ( I beleive Curtis Lambert Named that truck Double Ugly.) I drove both of the trucks many times, pushing the 625ton vessel when we were up on mats. Arcade Sittig was the superintendent on that job. By the way those trucks had consecutive serial numbers.

• Like 1

Double ugly is the one that J&B has, The owner of J&B Jack Hodges died last week, We used Double ugly to pull some loads on site because of the soft conditions, did not even slow down, even pulled one of Neil Perkins loads in due to soft conditions, great old monster still doing it's job, so much for all the new crap that can't run off road. 

• Like 1