YOU GUYS BETTER READ THIS:

Dont worry, I'll post the pictures on Photobucket, then post the link on here. We just did a whole buncha other stuff, like we took the back glass out, the passenger door, and the radiator brakets. We also took ALL the wiring and air lines ou of the cab. We also got the gas and brake petal out, and some other stuff.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Arms clean, no crap on yer neck.

the wussification of todays youth continues

Agreed. When I was a young'n helping out my father with one of the F-Models or the firetrucks, if I didnt have grease & dirt from head to toe, ear to ear and in me arse, he would tell me I wasnt working hard enough. I also knew when I was working hard enough depending on how loud my mother screamed "GET HIM INTO THE TUB!" when Dad would bring me home from the shop or the firehouse.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

my boy don't want to get his clothes dirty

post-4436-0-61582500-1340834216_thumb.jp

You need to check with your local division of health and human services and see if they have outlawed child greasing yet.

At least you taught him to use the bed props, and you get extra credit for the orderly toolbox.

Bed props -ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS

I don't do anything under there without them in place

Pressure wash,grease,any repairs- ALWAYS

HRS would have me provide him gloves,respirator,eye protection,safety shoes,hard hat,........

EFF EM

The tool box has changed as I now have an enclosed trailer for all tools, spare parts, tires,air comp. generator

Hyd.oil, transmission fluid, axle oils u-joints,wheel seals,bearings, nuts........

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Daddy was an Army trained mechanic during WWII. Liked working on Dodge trucks best and ended up working on Chrysler products most of his life. I've been told he was one of the best tune up and electrical systems mechanics many people ever knew. And more importantly he was an honest man. I've seen him many times at the end of the day with his hands dirty but he had a knack about keeping his clothes somewhat but not always pretty clean.

He told my sisters when they started driving they better not ever let their cars run out of gas, oil, or overheat because the service stations back then took care of all that. Also they were supposed to keep a dime in their purses at all times to call him in case their car broke down for any reason other than any of the above.

Now when I started driving he filled the trunk of my car with tools and parts and told me the same about the gas, oil, and water but added if I called him to come help me when it broke down my hands better be dirty when he got there or he would turn around and go back home and leave me on the side of the road.

Edited by TicketMan4u

Good job Vinny. I'll be wanting to see photos also. Mostly the truck. I've been so dirty that my cloths had to be thrown away. Funny you speak of your dad. My dad if I had broken down and had to call him, he would be very angry with me, saying if I had stayed home, this would not have happened. What could I say?

mike

Arms clean, no crap on yer neck.

the wussification of todays youth continues

Not in that picture, but in this one I had it on my arms, neck, hair, and in my shirt, socks, and underware.

post-10909-0-35935000-1340852101_thumb.j

You know the bolts that hold the gas tank brackets on? You have to put your head between the transmission and the frame to get the nuts off. And a curved 15/16 wrench.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I keep the same set of clothes at the shop for working on stuff, then I throw them away after about a month of working on Saturdays and Thursday nights.

Ben

The bolts that hold some of the air lines or wiring, are way back in there, because the passenger side part of the cab sticks out more. So you gotta stick your head back in there between your exaust and your heads touching the greasy cab. I did that yesterday. Oh you arms also touching the exaust manifold. Your backs also on the turbo, and on the intake.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The bolts that hold some of the air lines or wiring, are way back in there, because the passenger side part of the cab sticks out more. So you gotta stick your head back in there between your exaust and your heads touching the greasy cab. I did that yesterday. Oh you arms also touching the exaust manifold. Your backs also on the turbo, and on the intake.

Yea. See, with trucks that track straight down the road, I can avoid alot of those problems.

Cousin Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Yeah,I've sen it too - just didn't want to appear picky... I was so proud of myself for figgering this one out - I think it was ment to say aerodynamic. Aeros is Greek for air - see, it's almost the sam word as in English. Like they say - to err is human, too really f*ck up you need a computer. Have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1