Midnight landscaping, horse doctoring, etc

Olivetroad

My new brother-in-law that lives on the farm decided that it looked too "rural" around his house and horsey barns and so they relandscaped all around it (including some of my property). So I snuck in one evening when they were gone and planted this in the middle of the beds:

post-6658-0-01092300-1340716701_thumb.jp

Everyone needs some corn in their yard - right?

We have managed to save from the landscape project these Rose-of-Sharon bushes that were planted 42 years ago to celebrate my birth:

post-6658-0-05616200-1340717048_thumb.jp

The other day he called and said he had hired a vet to come put some old nag of a horse down and between the vet bill and the backhoe bill to bury it, it was going to cost $700.00. I took care of it for free. I was just pleased to have one less hay-burner eating my grass. My kids were jumping up and down and yelling: "blow off the end of the gun like cowboys do"

post-6658-0-38483200-1340716860_thumb.jp

Ain't ya sneakin up on the wrong end??? ;)

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

He hired a fen

Good fences make good neighbors.

He hired a fence company to build a horsey-plastic-fancy-schmancy high dollar fence and wanted me to pay half - I can't pay half of $18.00 a foot to fence in my old cows.

The fence company put in stakes and they were 80 feet over on my property - I asked them about it and my sister said she just thought I wouldn't mind.............................................................................................What would you do?

He hired a fen

He hired a fence company to build a horsey-plastic-fancy-schmancy high dollar fence and wanted me to pay half - I can't pay half of $18.00 a foot to fence in my old cows.

The fence company put in stakes and they were 80 feet over on my property - I asked them about it and my sister said she just thought I wouldn't mind.............................................................................................What would you do?

Find the value of the portion of land that he staked out, then offer to sell it to him for that, plus he picks up the cost of going to the county for the subdivision of the lot...When he laughs, hold a steady face, and when he says "you're not serious?" say "I am. Or you can take those stakes on my property and stick them up your ass sideways."

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Put yer foot down now Olive or never complain again about being a door mat. Land and gold are the two greatest investments one can have in my opinion.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

He hired a fen

My shed is 7 inches closer to the property line than it should......wait a second.......80 FRIGGIN' FEET? I guess finding them a user manual for their tape measure would be a good start.

Jim

Seriously, If you let the encroachment stand long enough, They will have an "Easement by Prescription". If you decide to let them use the land, get a lease signed for a dollar a year and you can terminate the lease anytime.

^^^^ after they put up a nice building to hold the horses. Then the building is yours!!!! Eh, I'm a fart smellar................um, ah, smart fellar.

My kids were jumping up and down and yelling: "blow off the end of the gun like cowboys do"

I was expecting to see a picture of Elmer Fudd with the end of his shotgun all banana peeled from Bugs stickin his finger in it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Seriously, If you let the encroachment stand long enough, They will have an "Easement by Prescription". If you decide to let them use the land, get a lease signed for a dollar a year and you can terminate the lease anytime.

We got them all simmered down. I broke out the aerial view from the surveyor when I bought the farm from my mother that shows the little sliver of ground they own around the house and barns. I also went with a metal detector and showed them the pins by the witness trees and I took a track hoe and stuck some oil field pipe 6 feet in the ground at the corners so it won't ever get "repositioned".

My dad taught me a long time ago to not ever let any kind of informal easement happen and also never buy property with a shared road. I shared my toys as a child, and I would share any equipment or tools I own to anyone with a need and asks politely. But I will not ever share the land that I pay taxes on with the sweat of my brow.

^^^^ after they put up a nice building to hold the horses. Then the building is yours!!!! Eh, I'm a fart smellar................um, ah, smart fellar.

My kids were jumping up and down and yelling: "blow off the end of the gun like cowboys do"

I was expecting to see a picture of Elmer Fudd with the end of his shotgun all banana peeled from Bugs stickin his finger in it.

Ha! No, they were hoping there would be a lot more smoke I guess out the end of the barrel. You know you are hicks when the kids think something like that is entertainment!

I did kind of screw up, I used a seriously hollowed out home defense round because that was what I had in my Colt 45 magazine. But I forgot those are not designed for much penetration. I shot the nag just like I usually do and she dropped, but she blew and snorted quite a while before she gave it up. I need to go back to the full metal jacketed rounds that I guess tumble more and leave a nice exit hole out the side of the head.........................too much information?

Don't you put anything in the hollow point hole? Your wifes Glycerin and a seal cap of parafin wax make a great hydraulic home defense round. Small entry point, generally no exit point and usually nothing in the middle except mush. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't you put anything in the hollow point hole? Your wifes Glycerin and a seal cap of parafin wax make a great hydraulic home defense round. Small entry point, generally no exit point and usually nothing in the middle except mush. Paul

I have never seen that - this is interesting - You just fill the hole with it and shape the tip?

Here is what I used:

post-6658-0-65083000-1341021447_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-66709300-1341021459_thumb.jp

He hired a fen

Dave......I would do her like you did the old horse............OH!.....I forgot what OJ Simpson said..............Quote " Can't live with em, can't shoot em.

mike

Thats all. I'll PM some photos on it The Glycerine has minimal hydraulic compression and literally exploded the hollow point on impact. Aguila and Glaser Pow'R ball both make a similar rounds and both are sub sonic too.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thats all. I'll PM some photos on it The Glycerine has minimal hydraulic compression and literally exploded the hollow point on impact. Aguila and Glaser Pow'R ball both make a similar rounds and both are sub sonic too.

wow, Christina Aguila and Paul Michael Glaser from Starsky and Hutch are both in the ammo binness?

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

hawse...it's what's for dinner...

You old green bean grower - that is funny stuff to be typing in the middle of the night!

A compay in Missouri just announced they are opening up a "hawse" slaughter plant, c'mon down we can take a tour. Do you reckon they give out free samples in the wine tasting room?

I have never seen that - this is interesting - You just fill the hole with it and shape the tip?

Tried to PM pics but it would not load them.

38 special Plus P. Hits like a 45 but minimal travel after impact

post-3242-0-93094200-1341163909_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-67920500-1341163911_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE