Greetings from Central NJ

JTFormula

Hello everyone,

I have always loved trucks since I was a kid. I don't have a CDL or a commercial truck but always appreacated them. When I was in my twenties, I had a job at a tire company delivering tires to accounts. I was either driving a pickup or a UD Box truck. I found I loved being on the road. After 6 months I decided to try to get a job at a towing company or get my CDL. As fate would have it, I got a towing job and never got my CDL. I worked for a towing company for about 4 years 1996-2000 and drove International flatbeds (under CDL) and had a C30 Wrecker myself as well. Now for the past 12 years I worked for a classic car dealership in sales.

I always loved the B-Macks and would like to find an old wrecker to redo. I was at the Macungie Truck show for the first time over the weekend and I think that got my juices flowing for an old truck to redo. I found this site and joined. I don't know what/when/if I go jump into this but at the very least, I can learn some stuff about these trucks through this site. For me the learning process is the most exciting, next to the restoration process.

Thats my story and thanks!

• Like 1

Oprah would say that it is not healthy to squash your feelings. You should go with the flow, go get a second on the house, and buy a B model to restore. Strike while the iron is hot!

Greetings!

You pay attention to what Opa winfee says. You are too far gone now.

Welcome to the site. Lots of info., opinions, BS, pics. Real questions may be answered.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Thanks for the warm welcome. I remembered there was an old wrecker at a local classic junk yard in Jackson NJ. I think the place is closed now but I hear the cars are still there. He had this thing sitting in the middle of all the cars. I asked about it once. The guy John (owner of the yard) said it ran but hasn't been started in a while. I wonder if its still in there. I might have to hop on the motorcycle and take a ride out there.

Here is a picture I took a few years ago.

post-11944-0-01864900-1340068296_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome. I remembered there was an old wrecker at a local classic junk yard in Jackson NJ. I think the place is closed now but I hear the cars are still there. He had this thing sitting in the middle of all the cars. I asked about it once. The guy John (owner of the yard) said it ran but hasn't been started in a while. I wonder if its still in there. I might have to hop on the motorcycle and take a ride out there.

Here is a picture I took a few years ago.

Ya, you gotta check and see if its still there. Get it before the scrappers get it. Looks like a nice B model to me.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You have what is called MMD - Mad Mack Disease. It is a very contagious disease and the only known cure is to buy a Mack. But be careful, many times it takes many doses of buying Macks to put this disease into remission.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Welcome aboard from a (former) fellow jersean! born/raised in South Jersey.......couple of Jersey Guys on here good people,i don't care what the rest of them think!...........up in Brick i see,used to go to the stockcar races at Wall Stadium pretty regularly as a younger man,always liked the area.....still a few B-model wreckers around there,my cousin (Helmrich Towing & recovery) had quite a few of them "back in the day" good luck on the search,lots of info (and B.S.) here for the asking!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yes indeed, welcome! I've seen a B-model wrecker sitting by a garage on rt.422 a little ways east of New Castle, Pa. for several years now. Don't know anything about it, took a few drive-by pictures of it, but never got a real good one.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes indeed, welcome! I've seen a B-model wrecker sitting by a garage on rt.422 a little ways east of New Castle, Pa. for several years now. Don't know anything about it, took a few drive-by pictures of it, but never got a real good one.

I ran 422 four times last night between I-79 and New Castle didn't see a B model. Friggin' Darkness!

Welcome JTFormula!

Jim

I ran 422 four times last night between I-79 and New Castle didn't see a B model. Friggin' Darkness!

Welcome JTFormula!

If you ever travel that way when you're not undercover of darkness, it's sitting by the big building up the hill from the Sheetz-a little east of Sheetz, by the west end of the building. It looks like there's plenty of room to pull a truck in there and drive around the building, but i've never stopped.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

If you ever travel that way when you're not undercover of darkness, it's sitting by the big building up the hill from the Sheetz-a little east of Sheetz, by the west end of the building. It looks like there's plenty of room to pull a truck in there and drive around the building, but i've never stopped.

I'll check for it the next time I head up that way. This time of year there is still some light on my first trip north.

Jim

Other dog, thanks for the picture. Looks about the right size too. I can't get anything to big simply for lack of room. I found one on Craigslist last night as well:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3028450535.html

Lots of surface rust but if everything is solid it might have potential.

Welcome to the jungle!

You have to start an engine of your bike and look for.

Try to find a truck in the best condition you can.

Depending of your pocket of course.

You'll have a lot of to do around a project anyway and it's nice when you get some quick results.

And constantly move a project, slowly moving but never stop!!

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I called the old number for the wrecking yard. I left a message so lets see if I get a call back. The number is still good which is a positive sign. I also was thinking of I can't find a good old wrecker, I would consider a 5th wheel tractor so I can haul a three car trailer. I work for a classic car dealership and sometimes I get on the road to do some delivery's. Its a nice change from sitting at a desk trying to sell something.

Here is a picture of the shop truck we had with our two car trailer. Its not a B but at least it was a cool ride, diesel, and 22.5 wheels.

post-11944-0-61947300-1340138196_thumb.j

I called the old number for the wrecking yard. I left a message so lets see if I get a call back. The number is still good which is a positive sign. I also was thinking of I can't find a good old wrecker, I would consider a 5th wheel tractor so I can haul a three car trailer. I work for a classic car dealership and sometimes I get on the road to do some delivery's. Its a nice change from sitting at a desk trying to sell something.

Here is a picture of the shop truck we had with our two car trailer. Its not a B but at least it was a cool ride, diesel, and 22.5 wheels.

You can drop that Camaro off at my house,as long as its on your way!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I can't drop the Camaro off because it's a 69 Firebird. The bird went to CT and the GTX to Mass. It would have been nice to get two cars on the way back to pay the way but at the time we weren't set up with dispatch services.

Yup, 67 GTX. 440 power too. Neat car. I've been selling classic cars for 12 years. I seen and drove just about every classic/muscle out there. Now its time to do something different and go the truck route. Oh.. and when I was around 13-16 years old my uncle got me a membership to the ATHS. Everytime a magazine would come in, I would read it from front to back. I blame him for my love of big trucks. Now that I am turning 40, I can actually make it happen.

Yup, 67 GTX. 440 power too. Neat car. I've been selling classic cars for 12 years. I seen and drove just about every classic/muscle out there. Now its time to do something different and go the truck route. Oh.. and when I was around 13-16 years old my uncle got me a membership to the ATHS. Everytime a magazine would come in, I would read it from front to back. I blame him for my love of big trucks. Now that I am turning 40, I can actually make it happen.

Sweet!!! You ever drove a 71' Roadrunner? Thats my favorite car.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg