Greetings from Central NJ

JTFormula

Sweet!!! You ever drove a 71' Roadrunner? Thats my favorite car.

Oh yeah, we've had a couple. Cool cars. LOOONNGGG>>> nose on those things. Mopars tend to be a bit rattlely but I dig them. My favorite Mopar is a 69 Charger (General Lee!). We had one of those last year. Sold it and shipped it to Canada to a Dodge dealership up north.

This was that car:

1969ChargerGeneralLee_dsfg.jpg

Back to trucks. I was wondering if there was anyone in NJ that wouldn't mind showing me their B-Mack and some of the things I should look for when I go look at one. Cars I know well but these big beasts are a totally different animal. I always thought they were cool but I never really had the opportunity to really check them out, sit in one, drive one, etc. Now I am not expecting anyone to let me drive one but just a little mentoring would be highly appreciated. Going blindly into a purchase is the worst thing to do.

My three rules for buying:

1. No idea leads to poor decisions

2. A little education is dangerous

3. Lots of knowledge can result in wild unstoppable purchasing.

Just remember, its not a collection if you only have one.

• Like 1

Hey JT,

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Chesterfield, not too far from you, and your welcome to stop by and check out my B-46 if you'd like. I have it posted in the classifieds, but I'm not trying to push selling it. I've owned it for about 30 years. I've been a car guy pretty much all my life and I have a few pieces tucked away.

Edited by rustyjames

Only years for the RR convertible was 1968-1970. Now they can change hands from $35,000 up to $100,000+ for a Hemi car.

I am a little discouraged as I called the phone number again for the yard that had the yellow B Wrecker and I got someone else who apparently has the phone number now and is not happy people are still calling for parts. LOL. One thing that concerns me is I did a Google maps search and found the yard was empty now. I know his house it not too far from the junk yard as I have been to his house in the past but I don't remember how to get there. I know he used to keep a lot of stuff for himself so hopefully when he cleaned out the yard, he kept the wrecker. Looks like the search is on.

Here is the screen shot that made my heart sink

post-11944-0-44932900-1340289472_thumb.j

Only years for the RR convertible was 1968-1970. Now they can change hands from $35,000 up to $100,000+ for a Hemi car.

I am a little discouraged as I called the phone number again for the yard that had the yellow B Wrecker and I got someone else who apparently has the phone number now and is not happy people are still calling for parts. LOL. One thing that concerns me is I did a Google maps search and found the yard was empty now. I know his house it not too far from the junk yard as I have been to his house in the past but I don't remember how to get there. I know he used to keep a lot of stuff for himself so hopefully when he cleaned out the yard, he kept the wrecker. Looks like the search is on.

Here is the screen shot that made my heart sink

Oh man, I feel bad. You should go over to that guys house and see if hes still got her.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Oh man, I feel bad. You should go over to that guys house and see if hes still got her.

If I knew how to get there I would go. Problem is that was probably around 7 years ago when I was there and i don't remember how to get back. I was hoping to find the house VIA google maps seeing if I can see any houses with 50 cars in the yard but I didn't see anything. I know he had a KW and a Cabover Pete at his house back then but who knows what/where those are as well.

I called a couple cruiser guys I know hoping someone knows where he is at or can get a number. Lets see what happens. Mean while I might go take a look at that crusty one from CL.