Connecticut Construction Trucks

well those beatings worked for us,,,,now that were mostly all seniors,,,,we,re stuck with this unnecessary horseshit,that everyone else dropped in our lap....these dumb idiots need to start holding thier nitwit parents to paying entire damage fees.as well as beatings......bob

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

This all started in the mid 1960's when the child psychologists said the parents should "talk to the kids" not Whup their Butts!!! The part they left out was you had to get their attention first, which usually involved some butt whupping!! NOW 50 years later no one has any respect for authority or them selves..

Boy don't I know ;; before mid'60's = by then I was closing in on teen yrs, mother got my attention == was called wooden hangers over my back. today that's called child abuse. to get kids attention today ; they are bought a new cell phone.

• Like 1

getting to topic; hopefully Connecticut construction trucks will get some new added pictures of days gone by. I frequently go back to page one and start over. so many positive memories. who would have known you should have carried a camera . possibly the only time I would have used a cell phone . the long list of trucks that ran these CT roads never getting their picture taken. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

heard that on news . they were kids too ! how has a society gone so wrong , this is considered fun ? it's only couple towns away from our renting. never locked our doors - now everything is locked even when we are inside. throwing eggs at a car in our day was thought of as fun; can't today 1-eggs cost too much =2- it's vandalism ;; still not burning a 200 K vehicle. 

Our town just bought 1 same spec 279,000 plus everything else extra 2-year wait to replace it...

• Like 1

Ed

8 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Is Arute still around. They used to have a yard in Cromwell

sure would be nice if they were; would mean many others possibly would also be around. many yrs back I was there and looked at their LM off set cab unit. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

Richards hyd canvas ??  any real benefit to the hyd rear gate?? bet that's the next one for company red/white paint job 

Stump's ....Large rock's , Paving pulling asphalt out for shovel full or more , viability for paver operator to see ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed

52 minutes ago, blackdog2 said:

Yaworski's has everything......

at least I'm thinking it is a positive Yaworski has everything and not a scrap yard  ?? could be us Polacks stick together ;;Yaworski ///// Popowski !!LOL 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

at least I'm thinking it is a positive Yaworski has everything and not a scrap yard  ?? could be us Polacks stick together ;;Yaworski ///// Popowski !!LOL 

He bought it from Shiavonie scrap yard it's open on Wednesday to take a mornin ride and see all crane's shovel's truck's hour's to see everything just bring .....ann no coffee.. you could spend hour's  looking.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed

yrs back had a friend (also a Mack A-40owner) who worked at shiavonie, never knew what was going to be dropped off at my garage -10ton floor jack =rebuild kit some paint == it looked/ worked brand new.. hd torch cart ' complete 4ft propane cutting torch kit  so much more. the good fun days.  arute  things did go to scrap yard and Yaworski saved stuff ?? 

• Like 1

this CT construction topic has  brain cells activated ,remembered another one today ; now I'm drawing a blank on his last name.  a  light blue single axle U-600 (685 or 611) tractor converted to light dump. Suburban construction ?? . Al  ???  he was a retired State Trooper ' nice person. then there was ALLAN Beard with the fancy Black DM's . 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 11:49 AM, Joey Mack said:

Its sad..  here in Charlotte, the crimes of car theft and vandalism and shootings, really all crimes,, is starting at the age of 12, and many are between 14 and 17 years old..  This is what happens when a man makes a baby but doesnt be a Dad to that baby.

No 1 cause of all the violence and disrespect for law.   But that fact gets ignored by too many "experts"

• Like 2

On 1/6/2024 at 9:12 AM, mechohaulic said:

just don't bend those fish bowls under bumper =LOL under side of hood also painted ; Darn nice job ;not a rattle can paint job.  A+A+A+A+A+

any updated pictures of the  DM ?? exhaust stack vertical or horizontal? can't see in picture. noticed all the fleet has sun visors. company standard issue? 

• Like 1

i don't mind sun visors, especially if they are at roofline and above windshield. 
what get me is the ones that drop down 8-12 inches below roofline blocking half the windshield. 

i think they should be illegal.  just like side window visors that block half the window view.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

TJ I see those all day long across 80. I don’t think they look good at all, but my wife brought up the fact they probably do it for the sun in their face. I thought I have really not thought of that. Maybe you’re right. pretty much everything has a air shield these days. Trucks Kind of look weird without one.bob