Got the 52 Back From the Gold Leafer

fxfymn

I finally found someone to convert the lettering on the 52 from the volunteer FD that had the piece back to the original Richmond, VA scheme. It is not exactly the same as the factory photos, but it is close. Originally the piece did not have "Richmond" lettered on it anywhere. When the Hardy VFC had it done they added a couple of maltese crosses with their name in them, so I had the Hardy changed to Richmond.

I sanded and re-painted the hood's top panel which removed the Hardy Vol. Fire Co. The gold leafer replaced that with the original "Bureau of Fire" that Richmond used on their rigs.

The pictures also show the soft sleeve holder that I fabricated to replace the original that came up missing. Thanks to the Mack Museum for sending me the original shop drawings of the holder. Without them it would have been tough to re-create the original dimensions and look.

I'm real pleased with the results. Now to get it ready for the Apple Blossom Parade this Friday in Winchester, VA.

post-2016-0-12789300-1336049701_thumb.jppost-2016-0-20385300-1336049749_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-99373900-1336049784_thumb.jppost-2016-0-63015600-1336049818_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-33879200-1336050093_thumb.jp

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Beautiful, beautiful truck - better than it left the factory I bet!

You mention Winchester Va - I bought a bunch of right-of-way clearing surplus equipment from the local electric company there many moons ago, I really liked the country around there, and I was surprised how pretty and rural it still was being that close to DC. I much prefered to go west instead of east from Winchester!

Yep, it is pretty amazing how fast it turns rural around DC, even now. Virginia is a very pretty state when you get away from NOVA and the other urban areas.

I have the perfect dalmation; a stuffed toy that never barks, whines or poops on the rug!

Thanks for the compliments. I'm really excited to finally get it done. One more thing off the list!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

wow !you have a great looking rig, I have a 54 mack LS85, can you tell me how to posts pictures? thanks

Thanks. I wish I had the means to do a total restore, but it's just not in the cards. Plus it is really hard to justify doing that to a truck that is not that unique.

To post pics go to "more reply options" in lower right of "reply to this topic" at the bottom of this screen you will find a section labeled "attach files" click on the "browse" command to find the location of the picture you wish to post on your computer. Once the picture is "found" you than click on the "attach this file" at the very bottom of the page. The picture will load with a "add to post" or "delete" next to it. If you wish to post the picture click on "add to post". When you have added the pictures you wish to post click on "preview post" to make sure the pics will appear as you want them to. When you are satisfied with the results click "add reply"

Can photos be posted from an IPad? I have several on my iPhone and iPad that i would like to post but when following the above steps I do not have the browse option. The iPad shows choose but nothing happens when I touch it. I can email and send as a text but cannot post here. Thanks.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Denny,

I am far from a tech guru. I'd try posting on the "site related" section or maybe ask on an Apple user's group.

Carl

Can photos be posted from an IPad? I have several on my iPhone and iPad that i would like to post but when following the above steps I do not have the browse option. The iPad shows choose but nothing happens when I touch it. I can email and send as a text but cannot post here. Thanks.

I always have to send them to my 'puter at home first so I then can post them. But I am sure there is an easier way that this backwards boy does not know.

You can email the pictures to me and I will post them for you. I would love to see them.

yarnallvmd@hotmail.com

Mike

Thanks for the help from everyone. I figured it out finally. Graduated from high school, college and mortuary school in the dark ages prior to computers so I am NOT a computer wiz. In fact, my 9 year old grandson was teaching me how to use my iPad. When I connect my iPhone to the computer it asks about downloading photos. In past I said no thinking I would erase them. Since I have a duplicate set on my iPad I said yes, not concerned if they were erased. Microsoft Scan Wizzard set up a new file and downloaded all of them.

I used the test site on the BMT forum and posted my B Model. When I get more time I will post pics. Again, thanks for the replies.

Denny

330-550-6020

You are right Carl. Raising two daughters was very trying at times but now it was worth it.

Looking forward to Macungie.

Denny

330-550-6020