I ALMOST SPIT MY WATER OUT WHEN I SAW THIS!

Damn,if that ones worth $5500,what's my '65 U worth,Vinny??

My thoughts exactly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It's a nine wheeler ...thats the added value

Looking at the short stack probably converted to a tractor from a dump. Still one of the earliest I've seen. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

When I was going to a new school location in the Navy in 1964 I remember seeing my first U-model on the New York thruway.

I think the R's came out in 1965. I am not sure why the U's came out first but I think someone on this sight stated that they were eager to replace the C-Model :SMOKIE-LFT: I think the cheapest you will see a running U is about

3500. Not only do single axle U's see a second life as a dump, but some of them end up as oversize pickups with stake bodies.

When I was going to a new school location in the Navy in 1964 I remember seeing my first U-model on the New York thruway.

I think the R's came out in 1965. I am not sure why the U's came out first but I think someone on this sight stated that they were eager to replace the C-Model :SMOKIE-LFT: I think the cheapest you will see a running U is about

3500. Not only do single axle U's see a second life as a dump, but some of them end up as oversize pickups with stake bodies.

But do they always retain the red headed, freckle faced, stepchild look? LOL.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Damn,if that ones worth $5500,what's my '65 U worth,Vinny??

Thats up to you Mike. I'll pay any price for your U. I love that truck. Or we can make a trade on another Mack or something. I really want that truck. That U and my U are my favorite trucks ever. I will never get rid of my U because of the sentimental value. If I get Mikes U I wont ever get rid of it either.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

U models came out in 1964. R's came out in 1965 so your correct on that. I dont know if Mack was eager to replace the C model but the U really replaced the C's. I thought the lowest price ive seen foe a U is like $2500, I think thats the average lowest price. Before we got mine Papa almost bought a pristine no rust late 70's U single axle tractor in Rhode Island. It was green and he onl wanted $1500!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thats up to you Mike. I'll pay any price for your U. I love that truck. Or we can make a trade on another Mack or something. I really want that truck. That U and my U are my favorite trucks ever. I will never get rid of my U because of the sentimental value. If I get Mikes U I wont ever get rid of it either.

Anyone have a pic of mikes U model? I hear so much talk about it, but I've never seen it lol!!!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"