My father and I set out in his Superliner at 3:30am on Saturday to pick up the A30 that a few bad eggs on here convinced me to buy. It was about 375 miles from Boyertown, PA to Dover, OH. We arrived just after 11am. The truck was already loaded on a step deck to transfer to my father's step deck. The sellers, Earl and Dean Feller, along with their helper, Chris, had gotten the truck running and ready to load. We looked it over and it looked pretty good. It is built on a commercial chassis, but has very nice body work done by American. The front mounted pump and much of the equipment was removed by the fire company when the Feller's bought it in 1996. The odometer reads 13035 miles. I don't know if the odometer works. There are a few spots of rust, but nothing severe. After the truck was loaded and chained down we got a tour of the International collection. I had be told they had a field full of trucks. None of the others were Macks, but I like other brands, too.

More pictures to follow,

Mike

post-7810-0-03221300-1334092351_thumb.jp

I met them at the Dover Steam Show last fall and they wanted me to make an offer on the truck. I was curious about it and knew that they bought it at an auction for a low amount. They are a big IH family and didn't really know what to do with the Mack. I'm glad that you got it and not some a$$hole who will butcher it.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Are you going to put the pump back on? It might be worth a call to the fire company that sold the rig to find out what happened to the pump. I have found that fire companies don't always follow through on grand plans and items such as the pump end up kicking around until someone throws them out or sells them for scrap.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thanks for the compliments. It is a really nice truck. Dean and Earl Feller are really good guys. They let me crawl all over their trucks and take pictures of everything. The nicest truck is that KB6. I'm surprised it fit in the trailer with the rear tires on it. I wasn't planning on putting a pump back on the A model. We are going to take the bumper and brackets of my A20 parts truck and put that on. It will shorten it up a foot. I already have the top of the tank cut out so I can put a hot tub in it and I am getting a keg system ready the for compartments on the tail board. It will make a great party truck. Ok, I'm just kidding about that. If it didn't have the body molded into the cab I would take the body off, shorten the frame and put a little flat bed on it, but I guess it will stay the way it is.

Mike

You really ought to look for a pump; it will greatly increase the value and is one of the things that make this truck unique. Besides, couldn't you use a wash truck to keep the rest of the fleet clean?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The truck looks to be in nice shape! enjoyed seeing the IH pictures as well,always had a "soft-spot" for emeryvilles,my dad drove one for many years,and he always told me they were a hell of a good truck!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.