B model sunvisors?

Just my opinion,but i personally would'nt put a Lund or any other type visor on a B-model,just looking for problems with rust,fit etc. and to my eye they just don't look right,again'just my two cents.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

i think mine looks pretty good but too each their own. yes rust is an issue also and the lund ones needs some cutting and sanding around the top to get them to clear the marker lights. i think it depends on the truck also and the color of the truck. far as i know no one is sellin the aussie stainless type. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Company in Australia makes them, here is a link to their site http://www.hy-waysun..._sunvisors.html

I'd be up for a couple of them myself. Anybody else seriously interested so we may make a bulk purchase to save on shipment? PM me and we'll move forward.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Not bad, would like to have some kind of visor on my truck. I like the one Jim made for his lil blue car hauler. Wonder if they make them in Stainless steel?? Or I could paint it silver?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this visor idea back to the top. I'm going to be following up for pricing this week. Any other interest from the membership to get a bulk shipping price for all of them. Might save some money.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi guys. I bought one of these years ago. Reasonably priced and so far no rust. I have though, installed a stabilising rod from the area behind the bonnet (hood) up to the centre. Very cheap to make and install. I was a little afraid that as these monolithic road-trains go past that their bow-wave would blast my visor off. This company is only about 45mins away from me, so if I can help let me know. Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Hi guys. I bought one of these years ago. Reasonably priced and so far no rust. I have though, installed a stabilising rod from the area behind the bonnet (hood) up to the centre. Very cheap to make and install. I was a little afraid that as these monolithic road-trains go past that their bow-wave would blast my visor off. This company is only about 45mins away from me, so if I can help let me know. Rod.

Hi Rod, hope all is well with you as it's been a while since you've posted. So far we have an interest in three of these and am glad yours seems to be holding up well. Can you attach a photo of the brace you installed?

Also, did you get power steering installed onto your B model?

Rob

Just a question for Rod. The visor for the R/RW , is it the same one as I've seen in photos of the trucks down your way? If so, am also interested in one.

The one I'm thinking of comes down flat in front of windshield for about 6 in or so. Wish I could find a pic or download a pic to show you what I mean. Some of the guys put the MACK letters on it above the windshield.

Thanks,

Clay

my buddy Doug has this 1980 U685ST with a Visor. its in beautiful shape barely any rot, except some retard cut the frame.

I know what you're going through. There's like 8 B models down the road from me that a guy bought and scrapped the back halfs off of, like that U model. Someday, I would like to buy at least a few of them. You should see if Doug will sell you that visor, I think it would look good on your truck.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I know what you're going through. There's like 8 B models down the road from me that a guy bought and scrapped the back halfs off of, like that U model. Someday, I would like to buy at least a few of them. You should see if Doug will sell you that visor, I think it would look good on your truck.

Ben

na, i wanna do like a kinda factory, original type thing with my U model. it might look ok though.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

my buddy Doug has this 1980 U685ST with a Visor. its in beautiful shape barely any rot, except some retard cut the frame. :icon_bs:

They were trying to make it less lopsided as they are worth more that way.

Uncle Rob