NOS Vent windows...Wowie!

Lotsa cash, wonder if he will get the price...

http://www.ebay.com/...e_Parts&vxp=mtr

If the law of average applies I'd say no as this is the third or forth time I've seen them on ebay over the last couple of years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've seen them sell for that much apiece.Crazy,yes,for that kinda money I'd think someone would be reproducing them.

Me too,Mike!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I've seen them sell for that much apiece.Crazy,yes,for that kinda money I'd think someone would be reproducing them.

That is for certain. I can't believe I didn't purchase the whole pallet full Tidewater Mack had when they were selling them at $99.00 apiece in 1987!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

yea tidewater was great to deal with and resonable. last from tidewater think we bought vent windows at $125 a piece . that was 1993 or so. i like what Barry has done for the hobby and keepin the parts he can available and this site but a lot of the prices are way out of hand. most of us 9-5 ers just cant afford or justify some of them.but then again with some of the expensive parts on our trucks, i guess that makes them worth more? Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yea tidewater was great to deal with and resonable. last from tidewater think we bought vent windows at $125 a piece . that was 1993 or so. i like what Barry has done for the hobby and keepin the parts he can available and this site but a lot of the prices are way out of hand. most of us 9-5 ers just cant afford or justify some of them.but then again with some of the expensive parts on our trucks, i guess that makes them worth more? Matt

I know we have spoken on the subject of Tidewater Mack in the past but I too still miss those guys,(as far as Mack is concerned). As you said they were good people and reasonable on pricing.

In the days before internet, just plain good people to visit with.

Rob

• Like 1

How hard are they to make? I have always thought along the lines of "where there is a will there is a way". No physical man made object is unique and unable to be reproduced.

I would guess if your going for 100% authentic then I can see the expense for casting the parts. Other then that I bet its not that hard.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

It really would't be that difficult with a bead roller and a set of dies. Being so low of production quantity however would make the cost substantial due to piece count. The EPDM rubber is already being reproduced so a large portion of the tooling is already in place. It would be up to individual vendors to work together to supply an end product acceptable in price for all to make a bit of profit from the venture. If you could only sell say 100 per year, the cost cannot be dropped as far as say a 1000 copies were vendored in the same time period.

Rob