1929 Cat 15

Here is my best find I ever had. Happen to pass by a yard sale and they had a lot of old parts and such. I asked where they got all these neat old parts and the woman said from her Fathers farm. I asked if we could go there and we did. Behind the barn half sunk in the ground was this cat 15. I walked over and grabbed the handle. It moved and I was pretty excited. I asked what she wanted for it and she said, that old junk? $50.00 bucks. I couldn't hand it to her fast enough! Got it home and within an hour got it running and drove it around.

post-426-0-52853400-1330359624_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tim, you just bought my mail box holder...see my avatar, it's only a few years older than yours. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you guys,

This was a few years back and it pays to always ask. I have had people tell me about old equipment but say; "you'll never get it. That old guy is grumpy." Well first of all you can't be in a rush and be pushy with people. I've found listening and showing interest in what these old timers are saying has led me to getting all kinds of interesting stuff and more times than any at a great price. Here is a Farmall H I got for $300.00 a few years back because the old guy liked me.

post-426-0-72386600-1330365060_thumb.jpg

Very nice find. I would like to own a Cat Sixty one day.

There is a sawmill owner by me that a year or two ago had a couple of them for sale - I will see if he still has them. One of them has a huge dent in the frame from where the bar you crank the flywheel with failed to come out of the hole! The barn he kept them in also had a nice big patch on the roof from where said bar exited the building!

Tim, Don't you feel just a little guilty?

UUUMMM....Nay somebody had to save that Cat and the Farmall needed a good home. I'm like the humane society for old equipment. Thanks guys for your words and the pipe is a joke between my older Bro and I. I am JD and he is International.

I am not sure if this one has power shift. It needs an idler arm on the right track but it runs really nice.

The long horizontal lever on the right above the arm cushion is for your blade control, the upright lever with the knob in front of that is the manual 4 speed shifter and the goofy z shaped lever on the left side is your johnson bar (as my dad called it) or clutch in layman terms. This looks like its from the same era as my dads D6.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

This Cat is a 1967. I found a winch for it for $500.00 and will see where it goes from there.

Good buy on the winch -

I am looking for a winch for my D4 for my uncle to pull logs with. I used to be able to find them, but they just aren't laying around like they once were.

Good buy on the winch -

I am looking for a winch for my D4 for my uncle to pull logs with. I used to be able to find them, but they just aren't laying around like they once were.

What series of D4 and approximate age?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What series of D4 and approximate age?

Rob

I have not actually seen it yet, Uncle Forrest went and got to playing cards the other night and bought it sight unseen. He said it is a 1950's vintage but at least it has electric start. I will get a photo of it and find out. He was using a little TD9 but it was from a quarry and has smooth tracks - not to good in our bottom fields.