Trucks in Hinsdale,NH.

Timothy Maikshilo

Mr Kemp had many unique trucks and pieces of equipment. I would have enjoyed seeing them when he was alive and they were cared for.

I was at the auction and saw it in person it was nice.I went to bid on 3 trucks hoping to actually get 2, but expecting in reality to get none. I wanted his 2 AC's but bidding went nuts on them, also bid on his 1940 something Autocar COE cement mixer and lost it by $100.00. Oh well, went up unloaded and came home unloaded. Paul

My dad used to say in that situation: "Oh well, at least I came home with the same amount of money I left with"

Sad thing is the person who bought all Mr Kemps AC s has them sitting in South Portland, Maine at a boat yard and the sea air has taken it's toll. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I went back the day after the auction to watch the trucks being pulled out and loaded. A few had to be dragged. I was suprised that most of them rolled right out as if they wanted to go to their new homes.

img2901re.jpg

That was one of two AD 's Mr Kemp had. 6 cylinders kind of rare. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Back in the late 1980s I used to go to Hillsborough, NH every so often and I would always swing by Dick Kemp's yard to look at his truck

collection. He had a lot of stuff, some of it pretty nice but some of it was in rough shape. Hope all his old Macks found a good home.

That was one of two AD 's Mr Kemp had. 6 cylinders kind of rare. Paul

Was that an "AP" model? I thought the six cylinder models were "AP"s or was that just the fire engine models?

bulldogboy

Tim - Do you have any more info. on the red and black Brockway? How long ago were you there?

Mike,

called my Father in law and he said to call a genlteman named Don Class in Winchester,NH. and tell him Frank Dellert said to ask about this guy with all the old equipment. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the KEmp auction , probably alot of you were there and I didnt even know it. I bought a old Caterpillar crawler thats in my gallery of pics. WHo is it that bought the AC's and has them in South Portland? I do know a guy from my town bought alot of the stuff there , his name is Daryl Gushee . Seems like he bought 1/4 of the stuff, unbelievable.

I went with Jim Humphrey who is a friend of mine. Him and his father George restored Mack trucks for years in New Glouester , Maine. doug

I went to the KEmp auction , probably alot of you were there and I didnt even know it. I bought a old Caterpillar crawler thats in my gallery of pics. WHo is it that bought the AC's and has them in South Portland? I do know a guy from my town bought alot of the stuff there , his name is Daryl Gushee . Seems like he bought 1/4 of the stuff, unbelievable.

I went with Jim Humphrey who is a friend of mine. Him and his father George restored Mack trucks for years in New Glouester , Maine. doug

Daryll is a nice guy and avid collector. I had him bring a truck home from Abilene TX, and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He worked it so he had minimum deadhead miles, and enough to cover the cost of operation of the truck. He then picked up another load before heading home. It didn't take but a couple of weeks to get all worked out logistically.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

There was a big Autocar and White auction in Hanover, PA in November of 2010. Daryll Gushee bought a bunch of trucks there. I guess the trucking business is treating him well. He also had a long story on the ATHS forum about a three story chicken coup that he bought last year and is converting into a museum. It is a neat story. I read the whole thing in one night. I like to see his collection. It sounds amazing.

Mike

This looks like it was a beauty in it's day. You mentioned it may have a Scania engine. Could this be an R-400 tractor? It looks like the badge could have a 400 on it. I don't think I've ever seen one in tractor form.

Actually there was one there. Not sure of the engine but I think it was a Scania.

img2851re.jpg

Jim

Back in the late 1980s I used to go to Hillsborough, NH every so often and I would always swing by Dick Kemp's yard to look at his truck

collection. He had a lot of stuff, some of it pretty nice but some of it was in rough shape. Hope all his old Macks found a good home.

Was that an "AP" model? I thought the six cylinder models were "AP"s or was that just the fire engine models?

bulldogboy

AD was a 3 ton 6 cylinder considered by Mack to be a medium duty. Chassis Number 66001 was on the Kemp truck and was the prototype unit which went into production as the AC6. The AP was considered severe usage Fire truck from 1926 to 1938 and still had tha AC style hood. but also heavy dumps like the ones in the Bolder Dam construction in 7 1/2 ton chain drive to 15 ton versions with dual reduction 2 axle drive with more conventional hood. . Pau

15 ton AP

post-3242-0-82856100-1332781925_thumb.jp

7 1/2 ton AP

post-3242-0-45723200-1332781361_thumb.jp

Fire chassis AP

post-3242-0-47247500-1332781392_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE