Thanks for starting this thread,Green Dash.I knew I fixed that 'ol dog up for something! :twothumbsup: I wonder just how many BCR's are still out there? Hmmmmmmmm? Maybe a B C R registry? :loldude: When I sent my info into Tom Gannaway,he had never heard of one.I should check back with The Fuzzy Buzzard and see if anyone else has claimed ownership or whereabouts! :clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

there was a BCR single axle cab & chassis on a used truck lot in Galva,IL a couple years ago,don't know if it's still there or not.I also have hard pics somewhere of a BCR in Wisc. that Mike Pagel took some years back.There was also a BCR wrecker on Ebay a few years ago.There was another in Chicago in the lot where my Celli B613 was,but it got scrapped,Trent could fill more in on that one.

there was a BCR single axle cab & chassis on a used truck lot in Galva,IL a couple years ago,don't know if it's still there or not.I also have hard pics somewhere of a BCR in Wisc. that Mike Pagel took some years back.There was also a BCR wrecker on Ebay a few years ago.There was another in Chicago in the lot where my Celli B613 was,but it got scrapped,Trent could fill more in on that one.

I hear ya,Mike. A local sand & gravel hauler had one for years just sitting here.Then a guy came by picking up all the R models he could find for some foreign country,and it was gone.Littlle did he know it was not really an R! I was just at Galva in Jan. Didn't see that one this time.Was one of Harry Kuhns.Celli had some,themselves.Marv Comer had a bunch in his boneyard.Joe Keeley had one in his yard at one time.Fred Chase & Craig Gaudry gave me a dash plaque, last time I was at Macungie of one.There out there.Don't need another one,pictures take up a lot less room!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Here is one from my area that has been at a few shows.

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC03806.jpg

Thanks for the pics.Thats the same one Fred & Craig gave me the dash plaque of.Must be built on a B-61X or maybe B-81X chassis or something.Looks heavy-duty! Sure is sharp! WOW!

Thanks for starting this thread,Green Dash.I knew I fixed that 'ol dog up for something! :twothumbsup: I wonder just how many BCR's are still out there? Hmmmmmmmm? Maybe a B C R registry? :loldude: When I sent my info into Tom Gannaway,he had never heard of one.I should check back with The Fuzzy Buzzard and see if anyone else has claimed ownership or whereabouts! :clock_logo:

The pleasure is all mine! Your truck is one of the finest examples of an R model i've ever seen, let alone a BCR!

Love the brochures, I didn't know about the 700 version.

I was too busy bragging about noticing the steer axle to see the fillers for the radiator. Didn't early R models have something similar?

• Like 1

Jim

The pleasure is all mine! Your truck is one of the finest examples of an R model i've ever seen, let alone a BCR!

I was too busy bragging about noticing the steer axle to see the fillers for the radiator. Didn't early R models have something similar?

Most early Mack diesel powered R models used a 34" wide radiator.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thank you. You are too kind,Jim :notworthy: Glad you liked the brochures.I have a small collection of original BCR brochures & ads.The early R's had like "dummy" shutter panels.I think on the R-607's and 609's maybe.For the smaller HP engines that didn't require the bigger radiator. Al

Thank you. You are too kind,Jim :notworthy: Glad you liked the brochures.I have a small collection of original BCR brochures & ads.The early R's had like "dummy" shutter panels.I think on the R-607's and 609's maybe.For the smaller HP engines that didn't require the bigger radiator. Al

"Hmmmm", Dummy, and R model in the same sentence. My concern is growing you are picking on me but I'm too dense to figger it out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

was a BCR outside Boonville Ny by the Chevy dealer for years. was a tandem axle dump truck the guy was sellin parts off of. i knew it was a BCR because it had the old 673 with the single belt pulley on the engine and the front axle was narrower. the early R models still used a 505 and 517 front axle but were about 2'' wider than a B model i believe. truck might even still sit there. he also had a few B models that were on craigslist for outrageously high prices in the past year. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

.My next version of a B-61 will be built using the Clariben fiberglass hood.Not the prettiest version of the B.But yet another example of what you could do with a B.(if you wanted to)![attachment=15596:DSC_2782.jpg]

That will be a good thing to do. Most folks probably would not want a Clariben hood, but it will show people a piece of history. It might be the only one restored, I don't think I have seen another.

That will be a good thing to do. Most folks probably would not want a Clariben hood, but it will show people a piece of history. It might be the only one restored, I don't think I have seen another.

Thats what I was thinking PZ.I remembered when Celli Tucking started retrofitting their B's in the early '70's with those ugly,squared-off hoods.I remembered how much we hated them,too! But, they made the B not so tough to do normal maintainence,gave them an even lighter empty weight,and were easier for the fleet to repair after a wreck,and the front ends didn't rust anymore! I guess for the fleet,it was a way to cut costs and stay competitve.They did,and some of those B's ran well into the '80's! Here is a picture of the only B they still have left.This was right after the conversion,in probably '70-'71.It doesn't look this nice today,for sure! But not out of the question for project!post-510-0-81664200-1330179371_thumb.jpgpost-510-0-14722600-1330188172_thumb.jpg

was a BCR outside Boonville Ny by the Chevy dealer for years. was a tandem axle dump truck the guy was sellin parts off of. i knew it was a BCR because it had the old 673 with the single belt pulley on the engine and the front axle was narrower. the early R models still used a 505 and 517 front axle but were about 2'' wider than a B model i believe. truck might even still sit there. he also had a few B models that were on craigslist for outrageously high prices in the past year. Matt

I've saved Mack ads from TNT magazine for years and had actually seen a couple that were dump trucks.Maybe I have that particular picture,somewhere!

The Lot with the Celli Trucks had all sorts of stuff that was being cut up. I think the scrap man bought them all from Celli and was cutting them up where Celli had parked them years before. My B model had a 8" Tree growing up throught the frame rail so who knows how long they were parked there? There was 1 A model, 2 B models, and 1 or 2 BCRs. I was able to have the scrappers hold off cutting up everthing but the BCRs (no one wanted them at the tine) I cant recall how I found them in the field but I think a friend had tiped me off and put me in touch with the scrapper? I do recall that the BCRs were rotted out pretty bad. worse than the B models. Celli also had lots of odd stuff at their yard including those ugly Clarbian (SP?) B model tilt hoods. and a new bare F model day cab. Celli..i.e C.T.C has sence changed names to Concrete Transport Company?? sadly the Northwest Mack / CTC building was leveled a few years ago.

trent

Guys, I have posted a few pictures in my gallery "57 bcr's Trucks".Here's another! Superdog as soon as I can dig up the pictures,I will publish one of a B-73 that was converted,using the R-700 hood(very,very rare).The Mack Museum estimates somewhere between 4-5,000 of the BCR kits were sold.My next version of a B-61 will be built using the Clariben fiberglass hood.Not the prettiest version of the B.But yet another example of what you could do with a B.(if you wanted to)!post-510-0-43746000-1330101866.jpg

Allow me to continue kissing up. I agree the Clariben hoods take away from the appearance although I'm sure I'd see the beauty in them if I had to work on a B model engine. The idea that you would build one for the sake of preserving history is quite commendable.

Okay one more...Is that a white steering wheel in your BCR? If so, :twothumbsup::clap::banana::notworthy:

Jim

a friend of mine has a b-53 and the twin to that truck was a BCR.. truck is still around and in great shape. on a side note, there was a b model in the area 10 yrs ago with a clariben tilt hood, think it went to caseys salvage yard in buffalo, not there now and must have sold it.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Allow me to continue kissing up. I agree the Clariben hoods take away from the appearance although I'm sure I'd see the beauty in them if I had to work on a B model engine. The idea that you would build one for the sake of preserving history is quite commendable.

Okay one more...Is that a white steering wheel in your BCR? If so, :twothumbsup::clap::banana::notworthy:

Not kissing up,Jim! Were just talking B model history here! Yeah, I thought about it,and my plans for the '58 B-61LT( I bought in 1992) are to take a Clariben hood that I have, and put on that truck.For the simple reason of ,yes,it is a different version of the B.And I dont have to hunt around for priceless, good,sheetmetal!! No, seriously, why not since I have the hood,and the truck to put it on! I am sacrificing great looks,but I never was one to follow the crowd! And yes, that is a white steering wheel on the BCR.I put it on there just because I like the white steering wheel better than the green ones.The west coast Macks of the day always had the white wheels,so I thought I'd go that route on mine! Just a custom item I like to include.

post-510-0-26470000-1330239316_thumb.jpgpost-510-0-31833200-1330239347.jpg

The Lot with the Celli Trucks had all sorts of stuff that was being cut up. I think the scrap man bought them all from Celli and was cutting them up where Celli had parked them years before. My B model had a 8" Tree growing up throught the frame rail so who knows how long they were parked there? There was 1 A model, 2 B models, and 1 or 2 BCRs. I was able to have the scrappers hold off cutting up everthing but the BCRs (no one wanted them at the tine) I cant recall how I found them in the field but I think a friend had tiped me off and put me in touch with the scrapper? I do recall that the BCRs were rotted out pretty bad. worse than the B models. Celli also had lots of odd stuff at their yard including those ugly Clarbian (SP?) B model tilt hoods. and a new bare F model day cab. Celli..i.e C.T.C has sence changed names to Concrete Transport Company?? sadly the Northwest Mack / CTC building was leveled a few years ago.

trent

Yes,Trent ,Gene did sell out to Mark Kennedy(Markaty) and become Cement Transport Co.However,Celli Truck Center(formally Northwest Mack) has relocated to Melrose Park (the old Pollard IH building).Still doing parts & service ,leasing and selling used trucks.Gene is 90 years old and still shows up there everyday!

thats good to hear Al...I dident know they relocated. Are they still a mack dealer?

Also There is still a Celli B model Water truck sitting it Orient Express yard off Rt12. Think it was moved there when the old yard was leveled?

Trent

Yes,Trent,parts,service,leasing and used truck sales( & Mitsubishi-Fuso sales).I don't think they were ever a true full service MACK dealer.Except for the Mid-Liner series.Eugene wanted to become a full service dealer after the O'Hare factory branch closed.But territory rights came into effect,and I believe N.I. Mack was assigned that area.Yeah,I heard about that old B at Orient Express' yard.I think your right about it moved there after the Schiller Park yard was wrongfully leveled! My great uncle built both the S.P. and Wauconda buildings.He is long gone,but Gene still remembered him well.Kind of nice,you know?