R replacement

Since Stamford Conn is only 1 1/2 hours each way including the Ferry ride, I made arrangements to go looks at the Million Mile Superliner. I see from the last photo it's appears to be an ex logger from the rack, but I need to start looking for a replacement. The wheel base is right but it does have Air Ride and I have the Camel Back in my R. Don't hurt to look and haggle a tad. Paul

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mack-/220956505672?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item337208b648

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've been kicking this around all afternoon. I'm going to buy my R back for salvage, pull the Weldbilt and toss the cab and nose. The rest I'll put in the corner of my shop for now. It's repairable but I just can't justify the outlay or time on it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've been kicking this around all afternoon. I'm going to buy my R back for salvage, pull the Weldbilt and toss the cab and nose. The rest I'll put in the corner of my shop for now. It's repairable but I just can't justify the outlay or time on it. Paul

Can I call "dibs" on the cab shell? I like to cut them up for salvage parts to save other cabs.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've got a cab here you can have.A '77 R686 wrecked several years ago,frame broke and it jackknifed.I've got all I need off it.

That'll work as they become quite small being added to my "stash" in pieces/parts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

what year is your old r model 41chevy?

The truck is a1980,with less than 90,000 on it. I'm the second owner.

Ever wonder why somebody would do a good paint job on a cab and not touch the chassis? This is the one to answer that. Obvious patches and a MACCO sticker on the door jamb with the date and color code. "Corvette Bondo" under the mats. This seller who knows very little about the truck, most answers were double talk. Nice day for a boat ride and lunch though. The search continues.

Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's to bad that the truck turned out to be junk. Hard to find trucks that age in good shape in New England. I'm sure everyone here will be looking for you too.

The R was a tater hauler from Northville / Riverhead. The Glass nose could be repaired,I went back last weekend and picked up all the pieces. The cab has the roof and drivers door cut off by S.B.F.D. can't fix that. :)

Have to trade it for some parts for my B mixer with some Radar guy in Illinouis......

Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

is the air cleaner smashed?

And then some. I'll keep me eye out for a okay one in my scrap travels.

P.T.CHESHIRE

ok thanks man. send me a pic of one or pm me if you find one.

Okay. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

The R was a tater hauler from Northville / Riverhead. The Glass nose could be repaired,I went back last weekend and picked up all the pieces. The cab has the roof and drivers door cut off by S.B.F.D. can't fix that. :)

Have to trade it for some parts for my B mixer with some Radar guy in Illinouis......

Paul

We could prolly do something like that. If that cab is any good from the "A" pillars down including the pan, cab back panel from window down, etc. I'd still like to have the remnants. I have saved people literally thousands of dollars in parts costs being from the "metal worker" days of actually repairing rather than replace, which is the current industry trend of the auto body industry.

Problem is I really don't have a lot of B model parts that aren't going to be used in rebuilding the original trucks they came from. Climb that hill once we get there. Throw that hood into the back of a pickup and come visit for a week in the name of recuperating. Prolly leave out of here with it looking pretty good...........

Rob

We could prolly do something like that. If that cab is any good from the "A" pillars down including the pan, cab back panel from window down, etc. I'd still like to have the remnants. I have saved people literally thousands of dollars in parts costs being from the "metal worker" days of actually repairing rather than replace, which is the current industry trend of the auto body industry.

Problem is I really don't have a lot of B model parts that aren't going to be used in rebuilding the original trucks they came from. Climb that hill once we get there. Throw that hood into the back of a pickup and come visit for a week in the name of recuperating. Prolly leave out of here with it looking pretty good...........

Rob

As soon as the weather clears and I'm done with the insurance company, I'll run the carrier body back and shoot some photos. The cab was solid with no rust and even though it didn't need it I added a brace when I replaced the leaky air bag on the cab and put a new gasket on the roof vent. My B is complete really pretty solid. All I need is the 5 or 6 yards of 1967 concrete removed from the drum. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

As soon as the weather clears and I'm done with the insurance company, I'll run the carrier body back and shoot some photos. The cab was solid with no rust and even though it didn't need it I added a brace when I replaced the leaky air bag on the cab and put a new gasket on the roof vent. My B is complete really pretty solid. All I need is the 5 or 6 yards of 1967 concrete removed from the drum. Paul

It's pretty easy to get a helper with less brains than a 35 pound jackhammer around here; I think we could "get it done".

Rob

An HE blasting cap,or a quarter stick of dynamite oughta' get er' done! just dont forget you earplugs and safety glasses?..................................Mark

And video

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I think I saw somebody do that once....it wasn't pretty. This is were I got the B, my AC's and the mail box holder in my avatar. The yard was closed down during a work day by the IRS in 1966. There were other trucks with loads in them including a White Mustang with a tank of road oil in it. It looked like time just stopped. Even the concrete plant was loaded. Eerie as all hell. When I was estimating the cost to remove all the equipment, I kept looking around for people. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE