Nice Superliner Dump

I was making a delivery a few years ago in Washington, DC and had to wait in the street for another truck to leave the yard before I could pull in (stay with me, it gets better). Across the street, there was a concrete plant with a line of dumptrucks waiting to get in.There were a lot of sharp trucks, but the kinds you see everyday. Then all of a sudden, there was a bright flash of light from which a line of dancing virgins emerged. Then I woke up and looked to my left and saw this......

th_100_1176.jpgth_100_1175.jpgth_100_1174.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

I was making a delivery a few years ago in Washington, DC and had to wait in the street for another truck to leave the yard before I could pull in (stay with me, it gets better). Across the street, there was a concrete plant with a line of dumptrucks waiting to get in.There were a lot of sharp trucks, but the kinds you see everyday. Then all of a sudden, there was a bright flash of light from which a line of dancing virgins emerged. Then I woke up and looked to my left and saw this......

th_100_1176.jpgth_100_1175.jpgth_100_1174.jpg

Nice looking truck. Never seen front hubcaps like those and look fitting to the wheels with the smaller hand holes. I'd prolly do away with the stacks and visor myself, but it certainly is a nice truck. Glad to see it still working.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nice looking truck. Never seen front hubcaps like those and look fitting to the wheels with the smaller hand holes. I'd prolly do away with the stacks and visor myself, but it certainly is a nice truck. Glad to see it still working.

Rob

I prefer the stock look for the most part. The stacks are..eh..but the visor would be gone before the fuel cutoff had a chance to shut the engine down. I like the hubcaps.

Jim

I prefer the stock look for the most part. The stacks are..eh..but the visor would be gone before the fuel cutoff had a chance to shut the engine down. I like the hubcaps.

We are on the same page. I don't like critiqueing anyones personal taste, just give my own opinions of what I like. Those Superliners always were a "classy" truck in my eyes and really didn't need much to dress them up over stock. They had just enough bright work in good taste without being overdone.

I don't know how those stainless visors ever gained popularity no matter the brand. I've never seen a single truck I like the look of them on, (but that's just me).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Maybe it is the Peterbilt owner in me but I'd leave the visor. Anything to help block out the sun works for me

This visor isn't nearly as extreme as some that I've seen which block out 75% of the windshield, I just prefer something smaller. The R models i drove had those visors that might be aftermarket, but look stock. They stick straight out and would block quite a bit of sun without sacrificing visibilty.

Jim

I don't like critiqueing anyones personal taste, just give my own opinions of what I like.

Same here. I can appreciate someone wanting to stand out from the crowd and admire the amount of blood, sweat, tears (and money) that goes into some of the more extreme customizations, even if I think the final product is a bit much.

Jim

I see this one parked on rt. 7 in Ohio a lot, one of the nicest looking i've seen.

I'd have no qualms driving that one "as is"; although I might straighten up the front bumper mountings.

Rob

Its very easy to cross the line of classy to cheesy! could made do with the visor, but the stock Lund visor just so fits the part! and a Pacar grill....COME ON!!!

I just recieved 5" to 6" 30deg close cut stacks(aussie cut) for my RW, luckly I can move the heat shields up to "hide" the step up on the pipe. To me if you can't hide the step up on the pipe that looks cheesy!!!!!!!!!! b0bo

We are on the same page. I don't like critiqueing anyones personal taste, just give my own opinions of what I like. Those Superliners always were a "classy" truck in my eyes and really didn't need much to dress them up over stock. They had just enough bright work in good taste without being overdone.

I don't know how those stainless visors ever gained popularity no matter the brand. I've never seen a single truck I like the look of them on, (but that's just me).

Rob

I agree,i see a lot of "brand X" trucks with those visors and have often wondered how you would see to drive? i dont care what anyone says,visibility has to suffer no matter what the application..........dangerous in my opinion...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The original post is a real typical Maryland dump. Lots of O/O trucks have the sun shields, chrome wheel caps, and stacks. Makes for some real neat looking rigs.

I guess because of differing weight laws in Maryland and Virginia that there is quite a difference in the style of the dumps in both states. VA dumps are generally stretched, muli-axle while MD dumps have shorter higher beds.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I agree,i see a lot of "brand X" trucks with those visors and have often wondered how you would see to drive? i dont care what anyone says,visibility has to suffer no matter what the application..........dangerous in my opinion...........................................Mark

Lots of drivers of Brand X trucks are also damn near sitting on the floor, so the visor is not in the way

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Lots of drivers of Brand X trucks are also damn near sitting on the floor, so the visor is not in the way

Very true,i have passed a few,seen only tops of heads,hands on steering wheel............kinda like the "kilroy was here" cartoon!..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark, Your going to love this one.......post-99-0-70535600-1329115400.jpgpost-99-0-19742800-1329115423.jpg

OK, I have better visibility but a lot less overall class.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Mark, Your going to love this one.......post-99-0-70535600-1329115400.jpgpost-99-0-19742800-1329115423.jpg

Its a shame when you park your truck only to come back and find out someone has vandalized it..... Wait you mean someone actually spent time putting that junk on there!

Seriously though, That is hideous. I realize that everyone has their own personal taste but that is tasteless.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

This is what I want for my Sterling. I drive at night so there's nothing to see anyway and besides, I have cruise control so I don't need to see until it's turned off.

Slammed-visor-500x248.jpg

I like those too. Thataway I can still drive but recover from the nights activities as in sleep......

Don't need to be disrupted by surroundings such as traffic, scenery, etc.

Rob

Maybe it is the Peterbilt owner in me but I'd leave the visor. Anything to help block out the sun works for me

Agreed slpwlker, I wouldnt change a thing. Thats one sharp looking ride.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.