BRAKE FOR MOOSE!

Timothy Maikshilo

Tried to snap one but damn digital camera wouldn't focus! I've got a couple I'll find of moose on the snow machine trail behind the house.

Hell, my fiance's digital camera can turn on, snap 3 pictures, turn off, turn on again and snap 2 more pics before mine even powers up to snap the first pic....

...that and the fact that the resolution on my new cell phone's camera is damn near as good as my digital camera....

....probably means I need a new digital camera. Hell, I've had the thing for 8 or 9 years now....and paid less than $100 for it back then.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The DW collects little painted scenes from the various places we visit. Her Vermont plaque "Brake For Moose; It Could Save Your Life; Hundreds of Collisions"

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Back in 91 I was driving for Munson Transportation, one of our drivers was headed to a paper mill in Maine. Came up on a moose standing in the middle of the road. He stopped, the moose didn't move, so he blew his horn, pissed off the moose, the moose charged, buried his antler into the radiator of a freightliner cabover. Next weeks driver newsletter stated,"if you find a moose in the middle of the road, don't blow your horn.

• Like 1

Yeah airhorns not a good idea i heard a story from one of my buddies for someone from the truckstop that a schnider driver was truckin in maine and he had a full grown moose in the road he pulled up to it almost touching and it wouldent move so he blew the horn and the thing charged the truck ripped the hood completly off and the only reason it stop charging becasue half of its rack got stuck in the radiator and broke off so the moose ran off but the driver was scared shit less lol !

IjHHk.jpg

post-147-0-24724800-1328755866_thumb.jpg

Pogo Moose Incident- Bracebridge, Ont. Canada

1 hr. 45 min. north of Toronto

They were laying cables which were strung on the ground for miles. The moose are rutting right now and very agitated. This one was thrashing around and got his antlers stuck in the cables. When the men (miles away) began pulling the lines up with their big equipment, the moose went up with the lines. They noticed excess tension on the lines and went searching for the problem.

The moose was still alive when they lowered him to the ground. He was a huge 60-inch and pissed!

• Like 1

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

post-861-0-06318900-1328767532_thumb.jpg I travel route 2 alot, Bangor to NH, Vermont,upstate NY, lots of moose and moose warnings. A car really doesn't stand a chance, they are so tall they fall into the windshield and end up in the front seats. I don't feel so bad with the truck, but the truck would have some serious damage if you hit one. This is one at a taging station on the Golden Road down near Pittston Farm turn. He filled the whole back of the truck.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 91 I was driving for Munson Transportation, one of our drivers was headed to a paper mill in Maine. Came up on a moose standing in the middle of the road. He stopped, the moose didn't move, so he blew his horn, pissed off the moose, the moose charged, buried his antler into the radiator of a freightliner cabover. Next weeks driver newsletter stated,"if you find a moose in the middle of the road, don't blow your horn.

"Hey Rocky,watch me put my antlers in this guys radiator"

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA