Found a Nest of Macks

other dog

I was in Roanoke picking up a load Wednesday and happened upon a whole slew of Macks, quite by accident. I was lost. I ran by the place I was looking for, and pulled into Va. Truck Center to turn around. I called the man I was looking for while I was sitting there, and when I pulled back onto rt. 11 going back north I saw all these R-models sitting there. I was taking a picture of the 3000 White as I pulled into the street, and didn't even notice that I had 2 Superliners and an MH in the same picture until I looked at the camera later that night.

The White looks like the one that sat in Appomattox for a long time, but I don't know if it is or not.

I saw a neat looking R-model in the Tractor House for sale too, and a Superliner,

and this other Mack, but I don't know what it is.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That real old yellow one looks like it might be a White.That 3000 looks pretty good too.Looks like a CF fire truck in there too.

Yeah, it looks like the one I looked at in Appomattox, but i'm not sure. The one in Appomattox is gone, and there can't be too many of them around.

Hello Tom,

The name of this place is INDUSTRIAL TRUCK & EQUIPMENT SALES operated by a fellow named Jerry Ayers. This is where I got my Superliner. Jerry is an ATHS member and has quite an antique collection of his own. Good guy to deal with, and seems fair on pricing. His business focuses on exporting Macks, mostly R models, so anyone opposed to that better get down there and find one you like and take it home.

Gregg

That is a dump hoist that they mount on a tractor for dumping trailers that do not their own hoist, like van trailers used for wood chips or garbage.

-John

You are correct. I've actually seen that truck and it working. I delivered a piece of sawmill equipment to Ohio a few years back and that truck, (or it's kissing cousin) was dumping an old reefer trailer used for sawdust or bark from the mill into a large pit. Kind of interesting to see that hoist work although I was a couple hundred feet from it. I commented on that "odd" looking Mack cause I didn't know what it was at the time. I don't think they did either......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct. I've actually seen that truck and it working. I delivered a piece of sawmill equipment to Ohio a few years back and that truck, (or it's kissing cousin) was dumping an old reefer trailer used for sawdust or bark from the mill into a large pit. Kind of interesting to see that hoist work although I was a couple hundred feet from it. I commented on that "odd" looking Mack cause I didn't know what it was at the time. I don't think they did either......

Rob

Got a picture of the back of the truck, and it's cousin is parked over by the building behind it.

Some Nice Pics of trucks there Tom . Keep up the good work .

BTW Have ya herd anything of Joe lately ? i anit herd from him since he quit the OTR & Went back to driving local .

was wondering how he was doing .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Some Nice Pics of trucks there Tom . Keep up the good work .

BTW Have ya herd anything of Joe lately ? i anit herd from him since he quit the OTR & Went back to driving local .

was wondering how he was doing .

:mack1:

As a matter of fact he called me last week. He said he left Potter's again and went to work for another building supply company, still driving a buggy truck though. He said he liked it better, they treat him well, and he's making more money so that's all good. Apparently he's in love too, every time he sends me a text message or picture he signs off with "Joe loves Candice".

He should send me a picture of Candice so I can evaluate her.

"colorful old firetruck"

Do firetrucks always have the best paint jobs? Or is it the pinstriping and extra elbow grease that make them look so good?

Dave - I think if you were to sleep above your rolloff trucks every other night or so, and you waited around in the bay with them waiting for a phone call, I bet you would apply the shine to them as well while you waited! I think it is the elbow grease that does it - it really is a credit to firefighters that they take such good care of their equipment.

• Like 1

That real old yellow one looks like it might be a White.That 3000 looks pretty good too.Looks like a CF fire truck in there too.

I dont think it's a CF. I opened the pic up in my photo editor, and zoomed in on it, and although I didnt get close enough before loosing to clarity, I did figure out that it's something with a Cincinatti Cab, beings the pic was taken in Roanoke, it could very well be a Howe/Oren

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS